YOUR GREATEST ASSETS

"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7

Friday, July 11, 2008

Bit By the Barf Bug!

So, it has been awhile since I have blogged. Life has been busy. I will get back to it shortly. But, I wanted to record the craziest night that I had three nights ago. I have no pictures - THANK GOODNESS - just wonderful memories in my head and stuck in my nose.

Well, this past weekend was the fourth of July and Jason's parents came up to visit with Lexie, Ethan, and Josilyn (Arron & Jody were in Denver for a fair). It so happens that the three kids ended up throwing up here on Friday morning-Saturday night (just pretty much through the fourth). They contemplated packing up and going home, but the damage had already been done - my kids had already been exposed. Now, it was the waiting game - who was going to get it first and when.

So, Monday night, after Family Home Evening, Megan tells me that her tummy isn't feeling well. I sent her to bed with a bowl. As I was cleaning up the house before bedtime (about 10:15), Megan walks out of her room and tells me she didn't hit the bowl. GREAT! I went in to her room, where Kimberly and Hannah were sleeping. Megan had been sleeping in between them in the bed. The mess was pretty much right next to Kimberly, but far from Hannah. Good - Mike and Jaime wouldn't appreciate that! So, I got Megan's sleeping bag out and put her on the floor, stripped the covers off of the bed and loaded them in the wash. Then I went to bed... Megan today - who tomorrow?

So, at 3 AM Kimberly comes into my room. Jason had just left for work - he didn't have to be to the Sheriff's office until 11 AM, so he went to hang drywall. She informs me that she just threw up. GREAT! I go into the room and get her sleeping bag, we change her PJ's, and I put her on the floor in the family room. I go back into her room and strip off the fitted sheet and mattress pad cover. Left on the bed is Hannah, sleeping on just a blanket, by herself. I rotated the laundry I had started earlier, and go back to bed.

At 4 AM Tyler comes into my room and to my bedside. He has his hand on his ear and he is whining. I get up and tell him it's ok and walk him back to his room. That is when I found the little pile of familiar pink puke laying on his bed next to his pillow. GREAT! I stripped off his covers and this time laid a blanket down on his sheets and sent him back to bed. Again - I rotated the laundry and went back to bed.

At 4:30 AM Tyler comes back into my room. This time I am prepared. I followed him back to his room, where I find another little pile by his pillow. I grabbed the messy blankets, laid down new ones, threw them by the laundry and put him in bed. However, he doesn't want to sleep by himself, so I laid down with him for about 20 min., and then crawled back in bed at about 5 AM.

At 5:30, Hannah comes out of the girls' room, crying. "Where's the kids? They're not in my room." she says. I showed her Kimberly on the floor - SICK. I showed her Megan on the floor - SICK. I showed her Emma in her bed - still sleeping through all of this. She crawls back up onto the bed and I cover her up and again, I rotated the laundry that was finally done, and crawled back in bed.

At 6:30, Megan comes into my room. "Mom, Hannah just threw up again!" AGAIN? Did I miss it the first time? I went into the girl's room and there is Hannah - covered in pink puke! Needless to say that she was devastated. We immediately took her to the bathtub and washed her up. I took her messy blankets and threw them in the laundry - yet another load! We put on some clean clothes and she wasn't tired, so at about 7 AM, we stuck her on the couch, on top of a blanket, watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - her favorite. I then crawled back into bed.

What a night? Of all mornings that Jason had to pick to get up at the BUTT-CRACK of dawn to go to work, why this morning. So, four out of the six children sleeping at my house had puked. FANTASTIC! What next? Who next?

Well, Emma spit up a little bit that morning, and I was totally prepared to deal with yet another child. But, thank goodness she waited all day to let it out! It wasn't until Tuesday night, about 10 PM, when I got her out of her bed to feed her that I found her covered in barf. Nice. So, all my kids, but Bryson, had puked. Jaime came to get Hannah at around 8:30. Hannah didn't want to go, but Jaime knew that I was tired and had my hands full with the rest.

I felt nausious the whole day - Tuesday. I'm not sure if it was the bug hitting me, or if it was from smelling puke the whole night. Either way, it wasn't pleasant. To date, Jason & I have not puked, nor has Bryson. For now, we are hopefully getting better. Megan only puked once, Kimberly - four times the first day, two times the second day, and once the third day, and today - ZERO! Tyler - two times for two days! Emma - every time I fed her for 24 hours. Things are good now - I hope. But, YUCK! One thing I will say for sure - I do not like getting bit by the barf bug!

5 comments:

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Oh man. I am SO SORRY!! You must have been so tired after all of that. Ugh.
I wish I could've come over to help out.
I hope all is better now.

Brielle said...

oh man that stinks. I am feeling you. Brock and Kamden got it at our house. So far knock on wood Aspen and I are good. I know what you mean about feeling sick and not knowing if it is from cleaning it up and smelling or if it is you are really coming down with something. Hopefully it will continue to get better at your house and mine!

Jodes said...

Sorry about that one! They weren't sick when I left them so my mom must have given it to them. Hope you had fun for your birthday sorry I didn't call!! Really busy down here with yardselling! Love you guys! Check out my blog! Yes I have one now!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comments! They ALWAYS come when I need them most! You're the best. No one is happier that you're staying in McCall than me.

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

We love you guys! So much!
But it's gonna start fading if you guys don't post some pics real quick like!
:]
just jokes. We'll always be head over heals for this family!! :-D