YOUR GREATEST ASSETS

"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Get 'er done!

Well, I clicked on my blog last night to listen to the music after kids had gone to bed and I was working on posters and signs for my family's reunion tomorrow, and realized how long it has been since I have posted. Man how the time flies. So... this is a little challenge to myself that if/when I log into this blog again, I had better load up some of the gazillion pictures I have taken in the past few months and continue "making a record of my days".

One highlight to note... Eli started walking FINALLY! He actually took more than one step on my birthday - pretty good birthday present I might add! The kids took video and pictures galore! Maybe when I get back I will make the time to put them on, but in the mean time I am relishing in watching his little determination in conquering the skill of walking! He actually prefers it to crawling right now, and it doesn't matter how many times he falls, he gets himself right back up and takes a few more steps. Such a great example to relate to the gospel. There will be trying times (and even troubling times), but we have to get back up every time we fall and keep going... the Lord needs us to move His work foreward.

Until next time.............. quit being so lazy and busy, and get 'er done, will ya?!?!?!?!?!?

2 comments:

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

hahaha are you telling ME to quit being so lazy & get 'er done or yourself? :) heheh. I'll try and post some soon! first time in awhile that the kids aren't alternating naps :)

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Oh ya! And Wahoo!!! for Eli! :) I wanna see!