Today has been one of those days...
At one point today, I had a child bring me a song that was written especially for me- about how much I am loved and adored, am kind, and take good care of my family. It truly made me feel good. I got to read it and have it serenaded to me. Not sure what I did specifically to receive such great recognition and acknowledgement for my actions, but I loved it nonetheless!
And at another point today, I had the same child telling me that I am the worst mom ever and that they will not be going camping with us this week because they don't want to be with the family. (This comment was made because this child was relentless to accept "no" as an answer, continued to beg and grovel, after being especially asked not to do so, because it would not change my mind. And after discovering that I really wasn't going to cave to it, expressed some spiteful comments towards siblings, thus losing the very privelege that had been requested and ultimately granted, but just not granted on the terms that were specifically requested.)
Man, what a rough day... going from the extremes of the spectrum - feeling extremely loved and appreciated to hated and spited, all within pretty much an hour of each other. Today... it's hard to be me.
2 comments:
oh man.. i can hardly wait for my turn :)
Lisa you always have the best stories! THANKS FOR SHARING...
Post a Comment