“Faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith” (Ether 12:6). Thus, every time you try your faith—that is, act in worthiness on an impression—you will receive the confirming evidence of the Spirit. As you walk to the boundary of your understanding into the twilight of uncertainty, exercising faith, you will be led to find solutions you would not obtain otherwise. With even your strongest faith, God will not always reward you immediately according to your desires. Rather, God will respond with what in His eternal plan is best for you, when it will yield the greatest advantage. Be thankful that sometimes God lets you struggle for a long time before that answer comes. That causes your faith to increase and your character to grow.”
– Richard G. Scott
As I studied this Conference Talk today in the new November Conference edition of the Ensign, there were many words that impressed my heart to the very core. Through personal experience with these very principles, I bear witness of the power of faith and prayer. Never in my life have I had such a sweet and sacred experience as I had today, which I felt the love of my Heavenly Father for me and my family so strongly. I know He is aware of us, as His children. I know that He knows the righteous desires of our hearts-the yearnings that burn from deep within our soul. If we are patient, and prove diligent in our obedience and faith, He can and will grant us those desires. He answered my prayers and pleadings in the manner that I needed in the very moment that I was groveling to receive it. I received specific instruction, guidance, and comfort through His valiant servants.
However, there have been times that I have prayed, for months at a time, in fact, for a righteous desire to be granted and apparently my timing was not in accordance with God’s will for me. Yet, today, I received a tender mercy that I will cherish forever…as a witness to me that my faith can endure the challenges I face, no matter the length of time. I was reminded that the Lord is aware of me and my sincerest needs. I witnessed a small miracle within my own life, and I am humbly grateful, for the silent struggle in my heart… to understand His timing and withholding of the blessing which has been so earnestly sought after. May we all seek to increase our faith, thus allowing our character to grow.
“…It is nobility of character, that fabric of inner strength and conviction woven from countless righteous decisions, that gives life its direction. A consistent, righteous life produces an inner power and strength that can be permanently resistant to the eroding influence of sin and transgression. Your faith in Jesus Christ and obedience to His commandments will strengthen your character. Your character is a measure of what you are becoming. It is the evidence of how well you are using your time on earth in this period of mortal probation.” – Richard G. Scott
I am so grateful for a prophet who communes with our Savior, and for apostles who are in tune, as well. For valiant servants who seek the will of the father and share His desires with us. I felt as though this conference talk was written just for me and I am grateful for the guidance that was found within.
No comments:
Post a Comment