YOUR GREATEST ASSETS

"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Extra Daily Nourishment

I can safely say that I believe I sit down to the computer to check my email every day-at least once a day.  Sometimes it is in the morning, sometimes it is in the afternoon, sometimes it is in the evening.  But, if I am home, I generally check it at least once every day.  I have recently strived to make a habit out of making more use of my time…thus, if I am going to check it (mostly to see if there are any good shopping deals that I don’t have the money to take advantage of anyway), perhaps I could greater use my time on the computer.  There are random quiet times through-out the day that I take advantage of to sit down and do something productive at my desk.

I have recently discovered the General Conference Talks on lds.org.  I can sit down, push a few buttons, and bam… I am watching one of our apostles, delivering their inspired message – again - to meAnd, I can listen, be reminded of the counsel that has been given and the action that needs to be taken, and receive inspiration for my family!  Just one a day…keeps Satan away!  Really, it is helpful and I am so grateful I discovered it…in it’s simplicity.  It has been a tremendous addition to my scripture study!  I am feeling fuller, longer, because finally I am getting more of what I needDaily Nourishment!