YOUR GREATEST ASSETS

"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Where is summer?

The snow officially melted off our lawn about three weeks ago and we had a REALLY warm three days. It was fabulous. We went outside and rode bikes and just enjoyed the warmth of the sunshine on our skin and lavished in it! And... then it rained... and then it turned cold... and it is still cold! I prefer it not to be scourching hot, but I do like it warm - about 75 degrees would be nice. But, I am getting tired of this cold weather. I didn't mind the snow so much - but now that it is gone...
I want SUN! I want WARM! I want SUMMER!

But... then I realize it's not all about me! So, if anyone happens to read this, do you think you can stop praying for moisture and start praying for sunshine? Everyday I cross the bridge I see the waterlevel rising higher and higher and there is still snow on the tips of the mountains! If we get any more rain, we are gonna flood! I missed spring. I just don't want to miss summer, too! June is almost half-way over, which tells me that the summer is going by WAY too fast. Somebody turn up the heat OUTSIDE, PLEASE!

I was digging in my old pictures and found these pictures of the kids. This was a wonderful memory. I haven't scrapbooked it yet, nor have I journaled it. However, I am grateful to have the snapshots. We took the kids to the temple for Family Home Evening almost two years ago, during summer. We walked on the temple grounds and took pictures. I absolutely LOVE the colors in the pictures - they are so vibrant! Ahh... I remember the sun and the warm air - Hot, actually. It was evening, but the kids' cheeks were still pink because it was so warm outside!
Mmmmmm........ sunshine, bright colors, fresh lawn, flowers, pink cheeks with speckles of love from the sun, sun-tans, farmer-tans, shiny-blonde highlights, and plenty of WARMTH to share. That's how I spell SUMMER!

Ahhh... summer! Where is it? Where is the warm? We're gonna have to take a road-trip to Arizona to see my sister-in-law, and her new baby, and... to feel the HEAT! (As soon as we can afford it!) Guess I'll have to bundle up next to my heater and look outside, and think about what it would be like to be outside playing in the sunshine, and the WARM!

3 comments:

Becky at Jones Land and Livestock, Inc. said...

I loved seeing the picts of you and your kids. They are so cute! We missed seeing you today in church. Hope your sick ones are feeling better. Also, thank you a ton for letting us borrow the movies and the rack for the cooler.

Brielle said...

Girl I am feeling you! I want summer so bad. Enough of this messed up weather. I like the new picture at the top of your blog. We sure missed hearing you speak yesterday. Hope your kids get feeling better.

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

I love these!
I remember them being on your desktop forever ago!
Beautiful colors and such precious moments.
:]