YOUR GREATEST ASSETS

"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The end is in site...

I am so grateful for the sunshine today. Although the ground is still covered in a sparkly blanket of fresh snow, I can smile to see the sunshine come through my windows and feel it in my home. And I am so glad to know that in less than 48 hrs, I will be headed down to the valley to be reunited with my husband - YEAH!!!

After 9 1/2 long weeks of having my husband gone during the week to P.O.S.T. (police officer training school basically, in Meridian), my husband is going to graduate on Friday and we get to bring him home with us for good!

The past few weeks have by far been the most challenging for me - having five little ones at home and being 6 1/2 months pregnant with our sixth, and FINAL, child. The mornings are early - for school kids, and the evenings can't come fast enough - when I can put them into bed and have some time to myself to relax. For all of the single moms out there who have done this for months, or even years - widows, war-wives, whatever - PROPS to them! I couldn't do this by myself, especially not pregnant.

It has been truly a test for me being without my husband for so many weeks, and I have often worried myself thinking and hoping that this is not preparation for what might be someday. But, as I have tried to rely on my Heavenly Father, and truly become closer to Him through prayer and scripture study, I have learned a lot about myself and have been strengthened. And I have truly grown closer to my husband, having had this distance between us. I have found great strength in Ether 12:27, as I have had to humble myself before the Lord, and allowed Him to strengthen my weaknesses.

Though this year will be very eventful for our family... a graduation, our oldest child getting baptized, and our last child being born, I look forward to all of these occasions. And knowing that I get to see my husband in a few days, brings me great joy - knowing that he gets to come home everyday/night and I can see him on a daily basis. And... knowing that now that this time has passed, I only have approx. 13 weeks left until this baby is OUT! Ahhhh the end is in site....

6 comments:

Scott and Carly said...

That's so exciting!! I feel for you on the whole husband out of town thing, but I wasn't pregnant and the longest Scott has been gone was 5 weeks...when's Jason's graduation thing? Friday...what time?

Becky at Jones Land and Livestock, Inc. said...

You do such a good job Lisa!! I'm so glad Jason's done. That will be so nice for you!

Jen Rutter said...

That is crazy! I can't believe the little one will be here that soon. You are such a trooper to go without your husband for that long. I am so happy for you that he is coming home soon!

Raquel Koehler said...

I love you blog background! Lisa, you are such an amazing mom. You have been such a great example to me. I stress with only 3 and my hubby is home everynight, way to hang in there. Congrats to Jason that is awesome!

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Lisa you have done AMAZING!! You are a great mom and a terrific wife. Looks like the Lord is fullfiling his promise to you in caring for your needs and giving comfort and help when you need it.
I love you so much! can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

I was just checkin' in to see what you are up to lately and wow, I totally forgot your situation and I'm so sorry I couldn't be there for you, especially when you needed it. I hope you are getting rejuvinated with your husband home and have some time for a nice bath! You are wonderful and I hope you know you can call me for help! You are one HOT pregnant women! Miss you,