So, I have pretty much been M.I.A. from the computer for a few months. Life has been a little crazy and busy in our neck of the woods. And I have been lazy. I am pretty much sick of being pregnant - with still 6 more weeks to go - and so I just haven't cared about certain things. Maybe I will get some photos on, maybe not. I do have some.
A few weeks ago, we have some fantastically warm weather, which melted all of our snow, and entitled my husband to yardwork! He has been a maniac outside - pulling shrubs, thinning raspberries, burning weeds, pruning orchard trees, and cutting down branches with his chainsaw. He has been crazy about cleaning up this beautiful place where the Lord has blessed us to live at this time! I can't wait for summer, when the grass is growing (and I actually get to have GRASS in the mountains) and there is fruit on my trees and fruit in my garden, and maybe a few more flowers!
My husband has been "manning" our little ship here for a few weeks. I have had to be taking it easy because of a few pregnancy complications, so he has been Mr. Mom: doing dishes, doing the laundry, getting the kids off to school, CURLING the girls' hair, changing diapers, vacuuming, dusting, cooking, and just about everything else that a mommy does. He has had his hands quite full, and I am so grateful for ALL of the sacrifices he has made on my behalf. He truly is SUPER DAD!
Today it is pouring rain. It is the day of Bryson's 8th birthday party and he was supposed to be having a fun outdoor party. However, given the down-pour, Jason has taken all of the little boys to Zims Hot Springs to swim for the afternoon, and they weren't the least disappointed! I am just glad he had the day off to do it! And he will be totally done with training in 2 weeks and finally out on his own as a Police Officer - Patrol Deputy! He is SOOOO EXCITED!
I wanted to post a picture of the beautiful daffodils that the kids discovered growing in front of the house! Last year I had a post about my old house in Nampa. As April rolled around and there was still MOUNDS of snow on the ground up here, I was missing my home in Nampa and thinking about the lush, green spring lawns that were popping up. The people that were renting our house called me to ask how to turn on the sprinklers and told me how beautiful my tulips were. Uggh! I am a flower girl and Spring isn't Spring without flowers! But, I am so grateful and blessed that my Heavenly Father knew what tender little mercies would cheer me up. It seems as the weeks have past, we have found MANY daffodil plants, and a few IRIS plants that are blooming. Ahhhh! A spring with flowers - like music to my heart! For me, there is just something beautiful about flowers!

Ahhh, and the other fantastic thing is that we sold Jason's work trailer! Wahoo! Since Drywall is pretty much non-existent these days, it felt great to get rid of something that was just sitting and collecting dust. We were patient and got what we wanted out of it, so that was FANTASTIC. All traces of Stable Rock Construction are almost gone.
On the down side. I am home with two sick little children. Little Emma has been fighting a fever for four days now, cough, bright green nose, watery-mungy eyes, and just not happy! And little Tyler has started his own fever and cough today. The girls are sad to be home with me and missing out on the BOY Birthday party at the Pool. So, we are a bunch of lazy, gloomy, sick and uncomfortable people reaping the feeling of a rainy day. :( But, still happy that there is a big boy splashing around in a hot pool with a bunch of his friends and his biggest hero - his Dad. We can't all have our own cake and eat it, too, ALL of the time! :) But, this too shall pass...
3 comments:
Wow, you actually blogged something! Once your kids feel better I will take some of them off of your hands overnight.
So good to hear you are hanging in there. Yae for Jason, I bet he is excited to be done. We still want to come visit so you better pencil us in to your busy life.
WAHOOO!!!! Flowers ARE so much of spring! You know Summer is just around the corner when you see those bright shades of wonderfulness! :D I want to plant flowers in our little flower bed just in front of our house too! I keep telling Jordan I don't care what I get for Mother's Day, birthdays etc I want flowers! ha ha
I don't think he's gotten the hint yet as he hasn't bought me flowers I can plant just yet :] But who knows.. Maybe I'll get seeds or something for Christmas! :D
I keep looking for tickets to fly up in June sometime for your little baby but everything is so expensive.
:( It's almost depressing to look anymore knowing I might not see everyone until December. Over a YEAR to see some of y'all! :( No bueno.. But Maybe I'll look for July as well for the reunion. :]
Love you so much Lisa!
Can't wait to hear all about my hot deputy brother's success stories! :} ha ha ha ha
Post a Comment