Last Monday night for FHE we had a lesson on testimonies and how we develop them. We talked about the Holy Ghost and how the Holy Ghost bears testimony to us of truth, and further, how we feel that - in our hearts and minds.
So, yesterday, as I am bundling up Emma to go outside, I tell her that I need to put on her jacket, so that she can stay warm. And she puts her hand up to her chest and replies, "I feel the Holy Ghost is hot right here, Mom."
Unure of whether or not I understood her, I say, "What, Emma? What's hot?"
She looks up at me and says, "It's hot. The Holy Ghost makes me feel hot. Right here. (hand still on her chest) And I bear my testimony it's true. And hot."
"Oh, I see. Yes, Emma. The Holy Ghost makes us feel warm inside when we know something is true. Thanks for sharing that with me."
That was that; off she went outside. And for the rest of the day, if anyone talked about being/getting warm, she would tell them what she knows. Such simple truths.
1 comment:
Now THAT is the sweetest. Good job on teaching your little ones Lisa. You and Jason are such inspiration for me as a parent. I love your uplifting messages and these sweet stories that make me want to better my teaching to our kids. :) Love you so much! Thanks for sharing
Post a Comment