Bryson & Jason working together.
Bryson with the axe, cutting off the branches, and Jason with the saw, cutting up the logs.
Bryson loves to jump right in and get his hands dirty.
An innocent bystander who, somehow, got dirty???
The kids off exploring while the dads are hard at work.
And lucky Emma... always smothered with kisses!
Are you guessing who the culprit is who dirtied Emma's face?
Good guess! Thanks, Tyler! He's trying to shut her up from telling on him?
Kimberly: collecting some rocks while losing her drawers???
Blake takes Tyler on a journey through the woods.
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Can't be superman in the sky!
And Jason... whereever there is work, there is always play! This time it's hide-and-seek!
Another wood-cutting experience with just our family!
Our family theme this year is based upon having unity. Look at this teamwork. We are truly trying to breed it in our family: helping each other makes light work and relieves burdens!
Bryson - being a muscle man!
On our drive, we spotted a moose in the creek about 30 yards from the road. She was not happy to see us stop and take pictures of her. She stomped through the creek, steaming mad, and ran off into the woods. It was quite a site. I have never been this close to a moose before!
Another dirty adventure!
Wood-splitting/stacking party!
(with the Montague family)
Jason & Jared getting a work-out!
The Boys: Bryson and Benjamin stacking wood.
The girls: McKinley, Megan, and Kimberly stacking wood.
All of our little helpers!
Jason finally asked Brother Dean if he could borrow his wood-splitter after splitting about 2 1/2 cords himself. Boy, was he ever grateful for that piece of coveted machinery. Jason has had many problems with his back over the years. Maybe a combination of hanging sheetrock, lifting his quadriplegic brother in-and-out of bed, and moving heavy objects somewhat regularly. So, the wood-splitting, which has always been sheer pleasure and enjoyment to him in years past, started taking a beating on him. He hopes never to have to split another log, unless he has to. That wood splitter saved a huge taxing on his back! Thanks to Brother Dean. Thanks to all those who helped us: loaning us trailers, helping us cut, carry, chop, and stack. We appreciate ALL the work that went into our first winter preparation! We are ready! :]
5 comments:
Wow, that's a butt-load of wood! Good thing you have so much space for it:)
I LOVE seeing all the teamwork and helpers you had!
How awesome to have such a great fireplace! I love wood burning stoves. Just isn't anything like them :] Or the work that's put into maintaining them. ha ha
Can't wait to see those stakes for myself since this pictures do NO justice!
I love Megan's little 'I love you' sign that she threw in on that last pic.
I love the dirty faces and the smiles and muscle that was shown!
Boy do I wanna be in on it all!
Man it's like camping everyday! It does make me a little jealous! That would be so much fun to be in the wildlife 24/7! (but then I think... could I do that?)
I am so moved to see how your family really helps so much. I hope that I am as disciplined as you are with your children in that aspect. Go Pannelle's you guys rock!
Hey girly, wow that is lots of wood! Must of been hard! Your family is so cute! chel
Post a Comment