Well, after weeks of pretty good weather (mountain weather, mind you), today it finally feels like fall. If you look out the window, the wind is blowing the trees and the leaves are falling like rain today. The sky is grey, the air is chilled, the temperature has dropped, the trees are almost naked, and you can almost taste the snow. I have enjoyed our Indian Summer, but today - I feel - it is officially over. Today, is Halloween. It looks like fall. It feels like fall. And tomorrow will bring more signs of winter.
Yesterday the public library had music and story time for the kids that weren't in school. They had the kids dress up in their costumes and then they let the kids make treat bags and gave them healthy snacks to eat. Jaime brought Hannah and we took the bigger, non-school kids over (Hannah, Tyler, and Emma). They had great fun. When it came time to trick-or-treat the front counter of the library on our way out, Tyler couldn't be found. I could not keep track of him. Come to find out, he was back in the craft room getting handfuls of apples. Everytime we went to leave, Tyler disappeared. And... everytime, he was back in the craft room with a mouthful of apples. He even preferred that over the treat.
The kids had today off from school. The local hospital was having a cake walk, face painting, and Healthy Trick-or-Treat activity for the kids. So, I picked up Grandma Lori from work and she went with the kids and I, and Jaime and her kids met us there, and we went trick-or-treating. It was great, quick, silly, different fun for the kids. Maybe we will try to go to the school tonight for the Harvest Classic, or go visit some of the homes of some of our members. Who knows. It really wouldn't hurt my feelings if the kids didn't get loaded up on sugar! :]
So, Bryson decided to wear a homemade fly costume that I created several years ago (although you cannot see his wings in the back). Megan wore the BSU Cheerleader outfit that she almost fits into (something Jason bought on clearance at the Bookstore years ago that was "dress-up" for later). Kimberly sported the same costume she wore last year - a little fairy. Tyler wore Bryson's purple dragon costume from a few years ago (it was a 5T, but we rolled up the pants really good and he made it work!). And Emma wore the infamous Frog costume (Bryson's first Halloween costume), that we added a pink bow, so she didn't look like a boy. The kids were very satisfied, loved dressing up, and enjoyed the trick-and-treating (even Tyler!)
1 comment:
Ha ha I love it all!
Hannah cracks me up with her HUGE horn on her head and Tyler with his purple dragon and miss Emma as the froggy :] so cute! Megan looks like such a young lady. I can't get over it. And Bryson.. holy tall! Man! What are you feeding that boy!
Post a Comment