My Friday post is quite different this week. Jason is working the night shift now, so tonight we are fatherless and husbandless. After a night of mac & cheese and cool-whip salad (two of my all-time childhood favorites), the kids and I gathered on the couch to kick-off our Friday night Christmas Movie Extravaganza! (Every Friday night, until Christmas, we will huddle on the couch in front of a warm fire and watch some of our favorite Christmas movies together, well, without Dad :[ that is.) But, we started a little early, and the kids just weren't ready for bed yet. So, I let them chose how they wanted to spend the rest of OUR date night.
As I lie on the couch watching the night unfold in front of me, I can't help but smile and chuckle inside. The only light on in the house is the sparkling of the half-burned fire and the bright, colored Christmas tree lights. The sounds of Christmas music can be heard from EVERYWHERE in the house. And five little children are dressed up as sugar plum fairies (equipped with pink or purple tutus, sparkles, furry scarfs, and too-small-for-most-of-them-dress-up-shoes), DANCING and TWIRLING their little hearts out in the firelight. And when I say FIVE little sugar plum fairies, I am not excluding the boys. Oh, what a sight! Oh, what joy they are having! Oh, to be young, and silly, and not to have a care in the world! I am relishing EVERY minute.
I had to sneak away to journal this quickly, but once I return, I am sure that I will not have missed a beat. I should have snapped a few pictures, but these little videos of happy children dancing are etched in my head. I have plenty a picture of dress-up kids, including my boys. This time I will keep the memory tucked in my mind and close to my heart! Oh, how I wish their Dad were here. But, I am not sure this would be happening if he were. Such sweet and bitter bliss! Sometimes you just have to sit back and enjoy the ride, and soak in all of the scenery along the way! :]
3 comments:
sounds like a fun friday night. I just love those moments of complete bliss of fun good times. check out our friday night.
How fun!
Yeah if Jason were there it would've been a totally different evening of dancing :] ha ha
I love that the boys don't mind getting in on the dress up fun!
Yes, I just love you guys. I can just picture the fun of dressing up and up and laughing and giggling. What joy. And I just laugh thinking about your husband and his play date with all those kids. Crazy! Love yah!
Post a Comment