Well, today my husband told the kids that if they got all of their chores done and helped clean up the house, after lunch they could have some friends over. And... he invited two families of kids (only 5 altogether) that live close by. I wasn't feeling all that chipper and looked at him in amazement. He repeated himself to the kids and off they went!
After lunchtime was over, it was time. I slipped out of the house for an hr to run some errands and came back to a house-full of kids, all dressed up, music blaring, and all craziness had broke loose! And what I soon came to realize was that this was not exactly a playdate for my kids, but... rather a playdate for my husband.
"Ahhhhhhh", he yelled as he chased them through the family room. Nerf darts were flying from every corner, and little ballet-and-cheerleading princesses were dodging bullets from every angle. There were 11 children in my living room! And he was the biggest one of all! :]
After working nights for the past three nights, he usually takes a nap while the kids go down for a nap. But, today, I guess he had more energy than normal. Even when I can't muster the energy to play with the kids, I can ALWAYS count on Jason to pick up the slack. I hope these kids remember one thing after leaving our house... Brother Pannell is FUN and CRAZY! :]
7 comments:
Sounds like fun. We went to the zoo (It was free) We also hit a nativity display at the church by the temple and saw Dave Perry and His wife. They are sooooo sweet! Hope you are feeling ok. Nice to let the kids go wild once in a while.
Big uncle brother Pannell has a huge fan base at my house. The stories were off the charts of the great fun had by all! Tell him thanks so much. Sorry your kids didn't get the cookies. At least the "big kid" got one.
P.S. sorry for the apparent meltdown at the door as well. Gotta love that...
So.. no dads to play with.. But Jason and lots of kids? :]
ha ha ha Oh boy..
I can totally picture it, and yet I can only smile at it. Doesn't surprise me :]
Sorry I am so behind on my commenting. I don't know where my time goes anymore. I love the family pictures. And I recognize the beautiful spot they were taken!! It was fun to see all of Jasons siblings and thier families. Also congrats on the new baby coming. Now their will be one more beautiful Pannell running around! You have the cutest kids.
Lisa,
Your blog is awesome! I am glad I called you today because now we can keep in touch threw blogging. Your family is adorable and I keep thinking back to when it was just Bryson and Megan. So I love the pics of all the logging stuff. That brings back memories for me because I grew up with a wood burning fireplace and I miss it. Maybe sometime soon we can come visit and I can enjoy your's. I am looking forward to your future posts.
I love it when they just are a big Kid again and they let loose. It makes for some of the best moments
Thats Jason for ya! Glad you guys are having fun! I am going to try and get up there the next few days! I know that Jason is going to be gone so maybe I'll come and fill the void!
Post a Comment