YOUR GREATEST ASSETS

"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

And Seven will be Eight...

Well, our little family is going to grow again. Did I say little family? We are getting bigger. And I am, too. That's right. We are expecting a new addition to the family sometime mid-June. Since this is probably (well, I'm hoping anyway unless we get different counsel from the Lord) our last child, and so we are going to let it remain a mystery and not find out what we're having!

We announced to both of our families this last week during Thanksgiving. Since Jason's family was all here, we got to go around the table and say what we are thankful for. Jason started with, "This year I am thankful to have a job. But, what I am most thankful for, is to be 8, instead of 7." Needless to say, the family was totally shocked (probably because we said we were done having children with Emma). I have been hiding it for SEVERAL weeks and finally the news could be out. Wahoo!! No more sucking in my gut and pretending to have a happy face all of the time! I told my family, who was all away, by posting it on our family blog. I have heard a few responses, all positive, but am still waiting for a few to comment!

We told our children for Family Home Evening this last Monday. Naturally, the kids were very excited. Kimberly especially. Now she has sometime to take care of! :] The two older children are assigned to a younger one to assist when mom's hands are full. The system works great and Kimberly has always been caring for herself, but wanting to be a big helper. This will be her chance. Maybe we will end up with the Brady Bunch (if we get Daddy's genes involved), if not, the Blacker genes will take over and we will have another girl! Go, girls! Only time will tell! :]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the secret's out!!!! Aunty Amy needs another Pannell to squish and love on.
Thanks for your comments. Your support will carry me forward on those difficult days.

Amy loves Lisa.

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Yea! I was so shocked! You guys had said that you were THINKING about it and that it was on the list to be done, but I didn't think it was already checked off! Such GREAT news!
I can't wait to see what it is and who it'll look more like!

Ashley said...

Holy Moly Batman. I have searched on here for you a few times but could never find you. Thanks for finding me! So 6 kids! That is awesome and crazy at the same time! I am good with 3 right now, hopefully though we will have one more. Sounds like you guys are doing great. Next time you are down in town call me or email, would love to get together and reminisce about the good old days, mac and cheese, etc etc. my email is greenie11@gmail.com
Shoot me a line sometime, I can send my phone number in the email.

Anonymous said...

Wow Women! You go! I can't belive it. I thought you would be done too! I'm so happy for you. Congads!

Clarisa