Well, yesterday has passed, which marks the three week mark - as far as the time I have left to wait for this baby to come. If I haven't had the baby by Saturday, June 13th, the doctor is gonna give me some help to get this boy out!!!
Good news though. I went to the doctor on Thursday (at my 36 week mark) and I got some FANTABULOUS news!!! Never before, in any of my other five pregnancies, have I ever been dilated beyond a one (and that is pushing it), nor effaced, at 37 weeks when they have checked me. I was ELATED to find out that I was dilated to 2 1/2 cm and 50% effaced! WAHOO! I was celebrating and my doctor (a new one that I had to find up here) was a little overwhelmed with my excitement, but I quickly explained my reasonings!
So, now I am just sitting on the nest and waiting for this little guy to hatch! I have already been preparing the nest for the LAST time and trying to pass the time a little more quickly. How quickly I forget all that goes into having a little one again - washing clothes, organizing the changing table, putting up the swing, getting out the car seat, finding the burp cloths and bibs, and washing blankets as well. Lots of work. And rearranging closets to accomodate yet another set of clothes for another member of the family!
I am hoping and praying for a miracle: to have the opportunity to go into labor on MY OWN with my sixth and last baby??? After five inductions, though all vaginal births, I think it would be fun to have my water break, get to call my hubby at work and have him rush home to take me to the hospital, to have a baby up here rather than driving down to the valley, and to just be taken by surprise! Those that know me, know that I am a VERY planned and organized person. So, having been induced with all of the others was so routine and anticipated. Maybe this time I won't PICK the day (or date) I want to have the baby, but maybe the baby will pick HIS DAY to come! I can only HOPE and PRAY for a miracle - to be able to experience the chaos of it all! :)
3 comments:
Lisa you are amazing. I am in awe of your family and having 6 kids. We will probably have one more and then snip snip! 4 feels right for us! Your kids are adorable.
I am so happy you have made progress on dilating - that is exciting news. Are you sure it's your last? I think you could handle a few more!
I thought you didn't know what you were having-according to this post it sounds like this little one is a boy!
Post a Comment