YOUR GREATEST ASSETS

"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Playground!

The kids were itching to get out of the house and enjoy our warmer weather, so we took them to the Elementary School to play on the playground. Because Jason had been gone all week for training, he did not have to work tonight, so we could just enjoy our afternoon in the sun and having some fun!
First we had to break throught the gate. The kids tried very hard to use teamwork (something we have BRED in them). But even their hardest efforts were still not enough.
This job required a strong DAD.

My two monkey girls, or "sloths" as they referred to themselves, hanging above the snow!

Emma was LOVING the slides! She kept telling me, "I go again, Mommy."

Emma stopped to ham it up for the camera....... CHEESE!
And I must say... who can resist those chubby cheekies!

We attempted a friendly game of family four-square (an all-time Pannell Family Favorite).
We had forgotten our 4-square ball, so we had to play with a basketball - which was a bit too heavy for the little ones to play with, but they were great sports.

Emma's expression is priceless! She was so excited!



The little ones gave up rather quickly after a few rounds because the basketball was just way too heavy for them, so Jason and I played with Bryson and Megan. Though this picture does not depict it, this is proof that "I" was in the King square! Wahoo!



Now that is one BIG DUNK!


Eli took his first trip down the slides with Megan and he loved it!


Six cute kids and a slide = Pure JOY!


It was one great afternoon spent with my children and my wonderful husband, who is also my best friend. And I think I might have spent a little more time in the "king" square than he did... though he would probably argue that with me. Ha! I am the new QUEEN of 4-square!


2 comments:

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

How fun! I love Eli & Emma's chubby cheeks! I wanna squeeze them & kiss them!!
I can't believe how tall and how grown up Bryson, Megan & kimberly are looking! I miss seeing those kids! Wish I could've come and played!

Camille said...

FUN!! miss you guys~