Although the animals have begun to feel the temperatures warming up and have awakened from their slumber, the spring has not yet arrived here.
I am sorry for the poor geese who desire to return to their home again in our pond, but arrive to find it still frozen solid and covered by two feet of snow.
Yet, some change certainly has...
This past month has brought some significant events/changes in our lives. Some of which include, but are not limited to...
1. Jason was released as 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric
2. I was released as 1st counselor in the Primary Presidency and had Strep Throat
3. Megan, Kimberly, Tyler, & Emma came down with strep throat and scarlet fever for the first time ever
4. Eli finally had four teeth come out of hiding, with two more waiting to make their debut
5. Jason was called to be the 1st Counselor in the Bishopric
6. I was called to be the 2nd Counselor in the Relief Society Presidency (which I am not sure if I am excited or terrified about, but faithful and happy!)
7. Emma is almost officially potty-trained (definitely #2, almost #1)!!!
8. We got our tax return and paid off ALL of our debt with it (except for student loans, which will haunt us forever, but the car pmts/repair bills/medical bills/credit cards are all gone!)
9. Bryson received his Scouting Wolf Badge and his working on his silver arrows
10. Jason was just granted permission to have Sunday's "off" for the time being so that he might be able to fulfill all of the obligations of his calling... after almost two years of waiting... Wahoo!
So... 2010 has presented itself as a good year thus far. That is not to say that we have gone without struggle, heartache, or trials. But, we are keeping our heads above the water (and the snow!) and choosing faith and obedience - choosing to be on the Lord's side - and striving to endure faithfully!
My good husband reminds me everyday that I wake up, I have a choice to make... whether to be happy, or whether to be sad, whether to make a positive impression on life and all those who I encounter, or whether to leave a stain on those around me due to a negative attitude. Inspite of my own personal health struggles and emotional challenges, I am choosing to live HAPPY! While the Spring Time brings more diseases, flies, and spiders... it also brings flowers, grass, pastel colors, tax returns, snow melting, and a chance to become alive again! And that is why I love the gift of Spring.
2 comments:
I can't believe Emma is almost potty-trained! Wahoo!
And i can't believe you're in Relief Society now haha :) love it
Ok I finally had time to read through all of this and WOW!! Scarlet fever?? Yikes! I bet that was a horrible couple of days or however long it lasted.
HOORAY Jason has Sundays off now! He can actually enjoy them & do his calling! How have you been liking RS? 2nd counselor, so you're over enrichment..? I liked being a part of that :) So fun planning for the ladies.
[I was only on the committee, but man it was Exciting!]
And WAHOO for no more debt!!! You guys are lucky and what a great feeling! Very proud of yall for achieving it and how about them tax returns! :) haha Love you so much Lisa!
So much will be different the next time we see each other!
By the way, IF it is possible, you guys would be more than welcomed to come for Brighton's blessing June 6th. We have a free place for yall to stay if you find it in your budget and time to come and share the wonderful weekend with us!
Post a Comment