YOUR GREATEST ASSETS

"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7

Saturday, October 30, 2010

It’s Finally Fall

The weather has changed and has finally begun to grow cold – no more 70 degree days.  A part of me is ready, ready for the snow to come.  The other part of me has enjoyed the 70 degree weather (which I think is the perfect temperature!)  But, it is evident that mother nature has placed her hand on the Lord’s creations and they are recognizing the change in temperature, as well.  The view out my kitchen window is stupendous right now.  Though I really love to look out in June when everything is GREEN, I love to look out and see the bold colors of fall, and I must say, I’m falling for it!

 

October 2010 051 October 2010 048 October 2010 052 October 2010 053

Today we had a fun family day and enjoyed Fall!

October 2010 188

Fall is – ……

Raking leaves

October 2010 120 October 2010 177

October 2010 121   October 2010 135October 2010 146 October 2010 139  

(I hope someday these girls will treasure their friendship and the joy they experienced together.)

 

Fall is -

Raking Pine Needles

October 2010 162October 2010 117October 2010 166October 2010 115 October 2010 118 October 2010 119 

Fall is -

Bright, bold colors and family gatherings

oct 2010 009

We asked Jason’s parents to snap a few pictures of us after church in front of the beautiful Aspen trees that have begun to change color in our backyard.

 oct 2010 029 oct 2010 020 

Love these guys!oct 2010 035

Fall is -

The holidays approaching; bundling up; hunting season; gathering wood; hot chocolate; changing colors; baked goodies; a warm fire; yummy smells; naked trees; peach cobbler; apple crisp; a delicious feast; and giving thanks!  I am so thankful for my family, my health, the gospel, my Savior, and the blessings I enjoy everyday.  I feel richly blessed!

(Just look at these beautiful faces)

 October 2010 189

5 comments:

Mary Jane said...

What great pictures! I love the fall weather and we have had a great fall this year, the colors have been great!

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

I WANT TO BE THERE FOR ALL THIS BEAUTIFUL WEATHER CHANGING!!!!! YOU HAVE MY SALIVATING AND I'M MISSING OUT ON ALL THE RAKING FUN! :(
Your girls are getting SO big and look so dang pretty! I want to make them all some fun hair accessories :) I can't get over how tall Bryson is and how funny Tyler makes me feel just looking at his cute face. And mister Elli, I cannot believe how much he and Brighton look alike! :) Can't wait for some snow fun times when we come up! Whoop whoop!!

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

By the way your picture taking skills are magnificant my dear! Do you have a nice new lense or something? I don't remember them being so clear and wonderful! And I love your & my parent's couple shots. Very lovely. :)

Camille said...

Hey Pannells! I love your pictures and the way you write on your blog. I havn't been too dilegent on looking at anyones blog but it is so good to see you guys happy. You have a beautiful family.