Well, Jason's birthday is the day after Tyler's. Which makes for a busy spring break every year! (not to mention two other birthdays of other extended family members). We had a wonderful start for Jason's birthday. We had the privelege of going to the temple. What a blessing that was, and definitely a refresher for us! Jason spent most of his birthday shopping with his brother for restaurant stuff (Michael just purchased the "Little Firefly" restaurant in Donnelly!) and then his brother took him to one of the movies he has been waiting to see! (10,000 BC) I spent most of the day/night trying to finish his birthday present - which ended up getting pieced together, but still doesn't have a back to it. I wanted to do something simple and inexpensive, so I asked the kids for their help for an idea for his gift...
The "multiple birthday" birthday cake!
I have been doing a lot of sewing lately and so there request was to make Daddy his very own blanket. Jason has had this black and white striped "WOOBY" for years! It's ugly - it's tattered - it's torn - it smells - it's rough. But, he loves it! However, the kids wanted something to keep him warm and give him the same comfort that he gives to them, and have a new blanket of his very own! And Bryson really wanted to make it colorful! Dad (Jason's) favorite Bible story is Joseph - "the son with the coat of many colors, who is abandoned by his brothers, and later forgives them and is reunited with his family". So, we set out to make him his very own blanket - of many colors.
Since Jason was turning 29 on the 29th of March, it was his lucky birthday! How fortunate is it - really - to be unemployed and broke on your lucky birthday - hmmm, not so much! But, we are RICH with love and faith, so we wanted to share that with him. So, I got a wild, hair-brained idea to make him a blanket with "29 things we love about him". I asked the kids what they loved about their dad and proceeded to search through my fabric scraps, and his grandma's fabric scraps, to find fabric to fit each one.
It definitely didn't turn out how I had imagined it, but it was received with much love and appreciation. I couldn't list EVERYTHING that WE ALL LOVE about him, the blanket would cover our whole house, and more. But, there were a few highlights...
Jason's blanket of many colors!
"29 things we love about you"
2 comments:
That is a cool blanket you made for Jason! You are so creative! Sounds like he had a great b-day!
How fun! and I bet the kids loved being involved. Such a great idea to keep it simple, sweet and all your hearts combined :]
You ARE very creative.
Post a Comment