This time Bryson got to go through the journey again, along a different route, with different obstacles, and still in darkness. But, this time he got to receive help! He got to listen to a still small voice (Jason) that subtlely guided him through the course - directing him on how many steps to take forward, left, right, etc. And even better - he had to keep his arms folded, so he couldn't use his own ability to "feel" his way through the course. He had to totally submit to the promptings of Jason. Because Bryson was TOTALLY obedient to the promptings he was given and had faith that Jason would direct him back to his square, Bryson made it safely back without running into ANY obstacles! The kids really took to this principle when they could actually SEE it!
And so it is in our own lives... Faith is the first and foremost important principle of the gospel. Even when we can't see our way, or see what the Lord has in store for us, we must rely on Him to help get us through the journey back to Him. He WILL help us. Do we listen as often as we should? Or do we rely on our own logic, own abilities, own understanding of how to get through the course? When the veil of darkness covers our eyes and we are left to wander through the maize of life, how much easier is it to have help to get through the course? Even more so - how easier is it to get through the course when we exercise TRUE OBEDIENCE, listening to every command that is given to us!? We might think we know our way back and might take a few more steps in one direction, just because we can. But, maybe that is not the way our Father in Heaven wants us to go through the course. If we listen closely, He will guide us in the direction He wants us to go. And if we have Faith, although we may not see the whole picture, we CAN return to Him again someday.
I am so grateful for the opportunity I have been given to come to this beautiful place, to meet such wonderful people, and to have so many faith-promoting experiences! There is no doubt that our journey has not been easy, or fun (for that matter), but so far it has been worth it. I have never felt the love of my Heavenly Father as clearly and as strongly in my life, as I have since moving here and experiencing the struggles we have had. During times when things seem hopeless (obviously an easy thing to do when you're unemployed and have more mouths to feed and house than your own), the adversary would want us to have great fear for the worst. And I can't honestly say that sometimes I don't have a little bit of fear - afterall, I am human! However, I know that you can't have fear AND faith in the Lord. No man can serve two masters! I have faith that if we are TRULY OBEDIENT in ALL things, and exercise FAITH, the Lord will provide a way for us, and we can have hope for things that we do not see!
2 comments:
What a super fun FHE lesson and activity! I really relate to alot that you say in your blog! I love your insights!
I love that he was made to fold his arms and not feel around.
How awesome that they are learning these things so young. and hopefully are remembering them :]
It's such a great thing to be taught and be able to remember when you're older.
I love you guys and all your family stands for!
Post a Comment