YOUR GREATEST ASSETS

"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7

Friday, April 11, 2008

Cleaning House or DANCIN'?

It is just habit for me that when it comes time to clean house, I get dressed in my sneakers and crank up the music to get me going. And when the music comes on, it means only one thing to my kids (especially my girls)... and that is CLEAN-DANCING! At least that is what they call it! They go and get all dressed up in their dancing clothes (they never forget to include Tyler in this either... or should I say that Tyler always makes sure that he is included in this). Once the floor is vacuumed and clean, it is free game to become their dance floor. Mom usually does most of the cleaning (which can be expected), but they always dance over to help me as best as they can.

I had to stop for a moment and take pictures of my little cleaning ballerinas... and just stop for a moment. This day they were having a little too much fun dancing and not enough cleaning. So, I had to remind myself to just let my hair down and enjoy the moment. It was great just to dance like no one was watching and sing at the top of my lungs, like no one could hear me! My kids thought I was so silly and fun, and it felt good... not to be serious... not to be impatient... not to be rushed... not to be on a schedule or routine... not to let the moment pass by because I had things to do... but just to be IN the moment! Ahhh! Kids really know how to have fun! If only we could remember to be more childlike sometimes!

Just dancing...



Dancing with babies (one real, one pretend)


Megan & Kimberly- My Little Ballerinas



Tyler- pretty in PINK! Emma- notice the "Dreamer" in a black skirt!





Takin' a break... from dancing... and CLEANING!

No comments: