This post is just for Kimberly. Today has been quite an exciting day for us. Not only is it her favorite Aunt's Birthday (sorry to the rest of you... but Aunt Amber takes the cake with Kimberly!) But, Aunt Amber had her first baby today, Baby Camryn (on her birthday, nonetheless! So, Kimberly is so excited that Amber had a baby - Baby Camryn, born this evening and weighed 7 lbs 14 oz, 21" long - making the 13th grandchild for Grandpa Ernie and Grandma Lori, and the first on Jordan's side! Ever since I had Emma, Kimberly has really comprehended what having a new baby is and so she is SO excited for Aunt Amber to have her very own. (Little does she know that once Aunt Amber has her own, she won't have as much time for her as she did long ago!) But, she's still REALLY excited. However, something even more exciting for Kimberly (our little-big 3-year-old)! Jason and I were in the house this evening at about 5:30, just getting dinner ready and preparing for Family Home Evening. Bryson ran into the house so elated that he couldn't hardly get the words out. "Mom, Dad. Kimberly just rode her bike!" I didn't jump out of my chair because Kimberly likes to ride her bike (hence the picture posted of her with her raincoat on in the snow!) But... then it dawned on me that Jason had taken off her training wheels about a week ago and Megan has pretty much been riding her bike. So, it slowly processed and then I responded with, "No way!" Bryson's face lit up again when he repeated himself, and then Kimberly comes in with a face full of joy and accomplishment. Of course... I rushed out with camera in hand to capture all of this... Ahhh... can you read the expression of joy and accomplishment written all over her face!

A picture of the teacher and the student! I take no credit for her learning how to ride her bike. It was all Bryson and all Kimberly. Check out the tongue - must have been part of the instruction?

Bryson says, "I just held onto the back of her jacket, Mom, and then gave her a push..."

"... and then she just went. She did it all by herself!" (Bryson... also the cheerleader!)

I'm thinkin' the tongue thing was part of the instruction!

Again... what does the tongue sticking out have to do with riding a bike!
This is just a short video that I shot with my camera, so that you all could be a part of our joy and excitement as we watched this accomplishment unfold. HOLY COW! Bryson was FIVE, almost SIX when he learned how to ride, and Megan was FOUR, almost FIVE! Granted, Kimberly is almost FOUR. But THREE years-old and riding a bike by yourself - CRAZY! Who would've known? She was SO excited, as were the kids... and so were we!
6 comments:
yeah Kimberly, such a big girl!! You'll have to help teach Laci how to ride her bike without trainning wheels too!!
Good job Kimberly! You are awesome! What a neat thing that you learned how to ride a bike all by yourself!
Who is that big girl who learned to ride her bicycle already? Could it be our Kimberly. Great job. Grandma and Grandpa are proud of you. You look really happy which makes us happy!
Grandma and Grandpa
Oh my goodness! You are such a big girl Kimberly!! :]
Grandma misses you and wishes she could see her bike. Good job Bryson! Such a good brother for helpin sister learn how to ride her bike! :]
I love you!
-Grandma Lori
Miss Kimberly!! I can't believe you're riding a bike! So cool! :]
That is so great! And you turned around so good! I was almost 6 when I learned! You are such a quick learner!
I love you so much! I miss you and wish you could see my baby :] -Amber
Nice Job Kimberly
You are such a big Girl now. No Training wheels for you now..
Grandpa Ernie
Kimberly you are so big now . You are growing up so fast. It seems yesterday you were learning to walk and now you are riding your bike without training wheels. WOW you are so big now.. We love you so much
Post a Comment