We have had some extra company staying at our house for a while and we haven't had much time or opportunity to have fun as a family (besides family home evening). So, with the sun shining brightly outside, we opted to take the kids out for a walk around the block! What started out to be a comfortable stroll, turned into a few bouts of running... and eventually into a snowball fight! It was so great just to get outside...to enjoy the fresh air... to see some of the Lord's most beautiful creations (the mountains)... and to celebrate the sun and clean pavement!
Although the pavement is totally dry, there are only a few patches of visible grass. Oh, yes, we still have plenty of snow. This truly is an all-season resort area. Some people that live here are SO sick of the snow, but I am really not minding it much. I don't have to drive in it because it's not on the road and the kids think it's great because they can now ride their bikes. And the best part of all... there is still a great tubing hill in our front yard that the kids can get all snow-geared up and tube down. So, if they want to have a snowball fight... they can. If they want to tube down the hill... they can. If they want to build a snow fort or snow man... they can. If they want to ride bikes... they can. So, they are SO happy. Which makes me happy! Life is great! The sun shines and the snow glistens. I'm just not looking forward to the "mud season". But, hence the reason for head-to-toe rain (wet) gear that the Easter Bunny brought (with help from some wonderful people - thanks!)
Anyways, I am just rambling. However, I was really just glad to have the opportunity to go outside... to be with my husband... to be with my kids... and to enjoy the little moments that sometimes we let pass us by. Here (for my kids) are the highlights...
Tyler didn't last too long in the stroller... but this was at the start of our walk!

Just a picture of the kids and I in front of West Mountain (the Tamarack Resort is just to OUR right)... and the snow... in April!

Tyler and Daddy... relaxing on the dry pavement! Getting warm???

The walk back. Had to get this shot so you could see how much snow we still have in April. And the stroller that Jason is pushing... now holds Kimberly... Tyler is lagging behind me!

Had to get a picture of Tyler running to catch up with the rest of us!

And then Megan has to touch everything, of course! So, she starts "rock hunting" for the biggest rock - you can actually find some now because the snow has started to melt.

Little Tyler... following in his sister's foot steps. And... this is about the time that the snowball fight started. But... Tyler is armed and dangerous... with a ROCK! Only a little more power with the punch!

Dad... throwing snowballs at the kids!
Bryson... dodging Jason's snowballs!

Kimberly... disgusted that Dad hit her with a snowball!

Megan... fighting back... and proud of her snowball!

Bryson... packing his perfect punch snowball!

Ahh... good times! This was refreshing and fun family time! It was my husband's idea and I am grateful for the simple gesture and how it allowed us to get a little silly and have a little fun together. I need more times like these...
2 comments:
That looks like tons of fun! Makes me want to start a snowball fight of my own!
So I just found out you had a blog. I am a little slow I see. You have a really good attitude about the snow. I wish mine could be that positive. Looks like a fun family outing. I am loving the sun we have gotten the past few days. My favorite picture is of Kimberly disgusted at the snowball. She just has an awesome face. Family walks are one of our favorites too. Always lots of memories made.
Post a Comment