YOUR GREATEST ASSETS

"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7

Friday, April 18, 2008

Spiritual PJ'S

Last Wednesday, we had an AWESOME Young Women's Party. We had a "P" night - where everything was centered around the letter "P". As a presidency, we had so much fun planning and preparing for this perfect activity! After the Easter/Spring Break/General Conference Block and plenty of time away, it was fun to finally get the girls and the new YW Presidency together, and get to know each other on a personal level!



We wore our PJ'S, sat on pillows, learned about the new Presidency, pigged out on pop, popcorn, pixie sticks, paydays, peach gummies, and peanut brownies! We played games, learned about our personalities, piled pretty people (yw) on a purple pod (plenty of times!), and partied hard! We also worked on our Camp Puzzle! But, perhaps my favorite part of the night was the end... the handout and ultimate purpose of our party. Yes... we included a spiritual message to our "P" night- a poem with a great perplexing thought...




How fantastic is that! I loved it. I loved the reminder. What a better closure for the day. I love to open my day with prayer and scriptures - it helps give me a fresh start and outlook (no matter how grumpy or sleep-deprived I think I am). But, to close your day with your spiritual pj's, is equally as great. Who doesn't need it??? I am so grateful that I have great friends who inspired me SO much and set a wonderful example for me. It is because of them (And you know who you are!!!) that I am blogging this journal entry... that I am even keeping a journal (something that I have desired to do for SO long). Prayers are the easiest to do... scriptures take a little more work and dedication... but journaling is the hardest, yet is equally as rewarding. So, my goal is to ALWAYS remember my SPIRITUAL PJ'S!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

What an awesome night!! We had so much fun, thanks for your help getting it all put together. It's going to be quite the ride hope we are ALL ready for it! Love ya