This morning I sat by the window and gazed out... admiring the beauty of the world around me... the beauty that our Heavenly Father created and gave my little family the wonderful opportunity of seeing each and every day. This beauty is the purest of all that could be found... pure WHITE! The sky is white... the ground is white... the wind is white... the rooftops are white! It feels like late fall again... and winter is HERE! And amongst our "pumpkin patch" of houses (so my husband calls it), everything is topped with SNOW! And... it is still snowing!!! It's April... where is spring???
I have concluded-after living here for a year- that the only kind of SPRING in the mountains is the little water source that trickles down the mountain and accumulates at the bottom... anxiously leading to something bigger... perhaps, a river!
I got a phone call yesterday that tugged at me a little. We are renting our house out down in the Valley - where, yes, there is lush-green grass! And our tenant asked me how to turn the sprinklers on. What? You mean it is time to do that? Who needs sprinklers up here? There is PLENTY of moisture on the ground-no need for sprinklers up here to jump start the lawn! And then she had to tell me something that really tugged... "Oh, and I just wanted to let you know that your tulips are blooming and they are beautiful," she said.
Ahhh... my tulips. My husband's favorite flower... I planted them just for him two falls ago. I LOVE flowers! And I LOVE tulips, too. Although I do LOVE it here, today I am really missing the picture of spring - GREEN GRASS and TULIPS! So, to jog my memory and to warm my heart, I had to post a picture of my house... to remind me of spring... so "I" could enjoy the SPRING in the mountains... the other kind of spring... without all the moisture!
2 comments:
It's neat to see a picture of your house. I've never seen it before. I'm with you on the spring thing. It's really hard NOT to be depressed about this white stuff right now!(:
Nice picture of your house. Man that grass is pretty. I wish we could see grass, hopefully soon!
Post a Comment