YOUR GREATEST ASSETS

"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Eli's First Haircut

If I am gonna cut Jason's hair, I like to cut every one's hair at the same time. Well, that meant that it was finally time for Eli to get his hair cut. The sides have been growing over his ears and I couldn't stand it any longer. Although, he doesn't look like he has/had much hair... the difference is quite noticeable when it is all gone. Little Eli got the Pannell Buzz Cut... (Jason likes it short and zero maintenance.)

Eli's 1st Haircut - Thursday, April 1st, 2010
(this wasn't an April Fool's joke)
And also please note... if the pictures are a little fuzzy, it is because they were taken by the kids, who are still learning how to hold still when you take pictures!

Eli started this first experience in his life with a smile...

Then the fear of the unknown starting sinking in...


Then... total torture, grimace, and pain!

And although he looks bald, he does have hair still,
it is just really, really short - like a dog!
(notice the clump of hair on his shoulder - fur ball!)


The torture is finally over, but the horrific experience lingers.



Alright, who's ready for the bath?
At least I know a bath in the sink will get him to smile!

2 comments:

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Ha ha ha poor kid! It seems like it was death to him! :) haha He totally looks like a Scott/Spencer mix in the first pic, then as he starts crying looks just like tyler [from the side angle you shot]
He looks like a little stud though! nice job mama! :)

Raquel Koehler said...

I can't believe how big he is already... Okay - so did Jason tell you that you now have me obsessing over the color thing. I totally love it - I agree that it makes things run smoother, but I often find myself buying things (too many things) just because I find things in their colors... I never thought about the storage bin idea - I am totally going to still that one from you :)