YOUR GREATEST ASSETS

"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Terrified of the Tub

What is more lovable than a slippery, wet and naked baby wrapped up in a towel?

Well... a glistening, wet baby enjoying the bath... just not in a tub... at least not at this house.

I don't know what it is, but Eli is terrified of the tub. This old farm house that we are renting has two tubs and both of them are BIG, DEEP soaking tubs. It must be intimidating to him for some reason. EVERY time I have bathed him in the tub, he has SCREAMED! It doesn't matter if one, or both, of his brothers are in the tub with him... he screams.

He was outgrowing the sink bathtub and I was at my wits end on what to do. ALL of my other children have LOVED the bathtub... and still do. I have to wrestle with them just to get them OUT half of the time. But, not little Eli. I wrestle with him to get him IN.

And then a wise individual suggested to me that I ought to bath him in my kitchen sink (which just so happens to be shallower, yet wider than most kitchen sinks... perfect for an infant bathtub). And with anticipation, I did it... and...

... I got nothin' but happy eyes and...

...big smiles! Ahhhhh. Bathtime is good again!

He lets me wash his hair without screaming. I just dump the cup over his head and he just waits for the water to drip right off before he goes back to playing again.

He splashes his toys in the water like crazy, soaking the counters and floors,
and giggling, smiling, and screaming with delight all the while.

Now that is one HAPPY kid!

The bigger question here is... who does this cute little kid look like?
(The debate is the garbage man or the handy man)
... It's a good thing my husband is both!





3 comments:

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

The first picture totally looks like a Jason/Jackson mix! Can't figure out the other ones.. Maybe if I check out ur family pictures, I can help :) possibly..

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Also! He is so big & so dang cute! I miss being around all those sweet, adorable kids!

Kellie said...

Okay that is just SUPER cute! I love it!