I am passionate about the color coral. It is my favorite color - the color of my roses in my wedding bouquet, as well as the rest of the decor, and the color of my prom dress-senior year. There is something so warm and inviting about it. It cheers me. It's different. And often times, when the sun is setting, the sky will be coral... which I LOVE!
Tonight, after school and after dinner, Jason was out mowing the lawn with his dad's riding lawn mower, and I went out to watch him. (This was our first attempt at yardwork, besides pruning, at this place) As I walked out onto the deck, the most fantastic sunset caught my eye. One thing I miss about living in the valley were the incredible sunsets. At our other house, we were too close to the mountain and it was very difficult to enjoy a beautiful sunset. However, tonight was absolutely perfect. The reflection of the coral sunset on the pond truly captured me. I watched the sun set and took a few pictures of the process, to remind me of the beauty here.
Living on this 80 acres is like living out in the country, until you look in the distance and see mountain ranges all around you. From my office I can see straight to Brundage AND the West Mountains. From the family room and bedrooms I can see Jughandle Mountain. And from the boys' bedroom upstairs and dining room I can see Tamarack. What fantastic views. I have the country feel in the mountains - what a compromise for my husband and I. I am grateful not to be backed right up to the mountain, but yet get to enjoy them all the while.
What a sunset! What a view! What a day! I shared this moment with my children, who unfortunately did not appreciate it as much as I did - they were preoccupied with who got to ride with dad next on the riding lawn mower. But, I was humbled by the little peace of heaven that I was blessed with... that reminded me to slow down... and to appreciate the beauty of life... and to enjoy every minute of every day... especially a coral sunset!
No comments:
Post a Comment