To date, I think this is one of my favorite pictures of him. He looks like such a BIG HUNK in this picture! This picture says to me, PURE COUNTRY! (Which happens to be one of his favorite movies.) He is a good ole' country boy. He's not total cowboy, but definitely rough around the edges. He loves the outdoors, he likes to get in and get his hands dirty, and he loves a challenge. He is hard-working, loyal, and trustworthy, and almost always offers a friendly "hello" with smile! :] (even to strangers) He is a constant reminder to me of the better things in life, and that life is to be enjoyed - EACH and EVERY MOMENT. He is my best friend on earth... AND my companion for eternity! I love it! I LOVE HIM! Happy Anniversary. Nine years in the making, five children later, and many more to come!!! (Married years, that is)! :]
YOUR GREATEST ASSETS
"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley
"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7Thursday, September 25, 2008
Ode to my Husband
We are celebrating our 9th Anniversary today. It is so amazing how fast the time flies these days. It seems like just yesterday when we got married and now when you look in our house, there are five children???

On this very special day I wanted to note how much I love and adore my husband. As I was reading my scriptures today (on the couch, next to a warm fire that my husband had built for me. - I wasn't sure why he built the fire this morning because it wasn't that cold, but I came to the conclusion that it was for me, and I enjoyed it GREATLY as I read my scriptures this morning.) I read a verse in the Doctrine and Covenants that I enjoyed:
Doctrine & Covenants 83:2 says, "Women have claim on their husbands for their maintenance, until their husbands are taken; and if they are not found transgressors they shall have fellowship in the church."
I pondered over it for quite some time. Oh, how grateful I am for a wonderful husband. He loves and supports me. He encourages me to be better. He is a great example of Christ-like love and service. He loves me even when I am awnry and reminds me to be positive. He strengthens my weaknesses. He provides for my needs, as well as my childrens. I could go on for days.
I am grateful that the Lord gave me permission to claim him (to demand or take rightful ownership) and that he has to maintenance (keep in an existing state, or in repair;sustain) me. Can you even fathom the work it takes to maintenance (sustain) a woman??? (especially one with hormones!) I know for my husband it is a lot of work. He puts up with a lot, and STILL LOVES me, nonetheless. He is far from being a mechanic, but as a repair guy for my heart, my soul, my self-esteem - he is quite the mechanic!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
CONGRATS!!! On another wonderful year of marriage! Hope you guys are doing great! When you came down the other day you guys looked good, and happy! Love you guys and miss seeing you on a regular basis!
Yeah! 9 years! Woot woot!
I'm glad I got to congratulate you guys! [the I was even in the know] :]
I love you as a part of this family and I love all the great children and fun memories you two have created together! I love the advice/guidance I am able to receive from you both and it is THE BIGGEST pleasure having your acquaintance. Let alone Family-ness! :D
I'm so proud of you and the mother you are. And the friend you have become to me.
I love Jason and am SO HAPPY you chose each other!
Love you guys!
Hey, I just love the way you expressed yourself in regards to your husband. I feel the same way about Justin, a mechanic of the soul (mine in specific). Heavenly Father has blessed us with ability be loved so completely, even a hormonal woman! Thanks for sharing your feelings that way!
Can you believe I'm finally responding. I can't believe you guys have been together that long and yet it's hard to think of anything but you being together and a part of our family. It's great to know these relationships will last forever. Heavenly Father knew what would bring us such happiness and this is it. I guess thats why I often think in my prayers, Father I'm sorry but I need you to bless my family again and I know I always pray that same thing every prayer, but THEY ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN MY LIFE so could you please take care of them again today. Love you guys so much. Mom
Post a Comment