YOUR GREATEST ASSETS

"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7

Thursday, September 4, 2008

School!!!

Megan's first official and full day of Kindergarten was today. She absolutely loved it. I am so glad and excited that she loves school so much. She has a tendancy to be very moody depending on the situation, and often goes up and down about school. But, she loves the independence from me and the ability to learn and create. Ultimately, it thrills my heart. Something to give her drive AND structure away from home! I love it! She also got to ride the bus for the first time today and she thought that was the coolest thing ever. She was all grins from the time we were sitting in the car waiting, to getting out and waiting to get on, to the wave goodbye that she gave me as she was stepping up onto the bus. No fears, man. She boarded that bus with enthusiasm and she was on her way to school.

It is strange to think that I have two kids in school now and I will have three by next year. When Megan is gone, I only have three at home, which today proved to be a nice break for me. When Emma was napping this morning, I got to spend some time with Kimberly and Tyler (who happen to be the younger, middle children at this point, and have lacked for attention a little.) I am grateful for the opportunity to focus on them more. At first I was a little bummed that Megan didn't get into PM Kindergarten, which would offer me a TOTAL break from kids in the afternoon (while they were all napping). However, if that had happened, I wouldn't have had the opportunity that I have now been given to spend more quality time with the little ones.

I began implementing my daily routine today to see how it would work and to see what kinks needed ironed out. All in all, I think once I get a grip on the "stuff" that is left to find a "home" for in my new home, I will feel more content. I get a little antsy knowing there is so much to do, but I have to remind myself that tomorrow will come and it will still be there, but the moment I have with my child will pass today, if I don't take advantage of it. Motherhood is not easy. Sometimes I envy the women who only have two at home (or less) and think how much easier life would be. But, I then am reminded of the special spirits that were entrusted into my care, and pray for the guidance and help in making my weak things become strong! But, for now, I am just SOOOOOOO grateful for SCHOOL! (and that my kids love it so much). Whenever we talk about going to the school, Kimberly and Tyler are both searching for their shoes because they don't want to be left behind. :]

3 comments:

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Oh how fun!!
I bet she couldn't stop talking about school once she got home from it!
How exciting! Se is growing up so fast! : ]

Brielle said...

I am excited to get one kid in school. I love the school pictures and Megan posing just right. My mom told me she thinks your girls could be models. She just thought they were so beautiful. So true, very cute kids you have.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great comments and great friendship. Saturday was fun! Love to you.