YOUR GREATEST ASSETS

"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7

Monday, September 15, 2008

A FIRST time for everything!

This night, as I sit here and reflect upon the events of today, I have but few words...

FRIENDS. FAMILY. FUN.

So, first things first. I FINALLY got to go out on a boat... on the lake... this summer... for the first time EVER! I have lived here for 16 months (which include 2 summers) and had not been out on the lake yet. Ahhh... which equals one word - FANTASTIC!


Our good friends, Joe and Amy, happen to own a really great boat. They have offered NUMEROUS times for us to come out with them with our family. Unfortunately, ONLY due to bad timing in the past, we have not been able to go. So, when Amy stopped me at church yesterday and invited us, AGAIN, my heart sunk, AGAIN, as I thought I would have to turn her down, AGAIN! With my 88-year-old Grandma Lily Blacker coming to visit us, accompanied by her 84-year-old RV driver, brother, and her 80-year-old sister and her husband, I felt pretty compelled to need to be home - given the rarity of the circumstances. They were coming all this way, Monday evening, just to see us! What a treat! But... also what a treat to FINALLY get to go out on the boat. My heart was torn between two great things...


A compromise was SO necessary and SO possible. I loved it! Amy and I both picked up our kids from school and headed straight to the marina for a FANTASTIC, GREAT time. Can you tell my excitement? We went out for a couple of hours and finished just in time to head home for dinner, meet up with my company, and have a really great family home evening and visit with family I haven't seen in a long time.


My kids absolutely loved all of it! They get along well with the Napiers, so it has been really great fun getting together with them! They took turns riding the tube together, and then the big kids (adults) hit the wake boards. I just pretty much sat back and soaked up the WHOLE experience - which proved to be rather fun AND amazing. What a release! What a sense of freedom!


I snapped some pictures, not the best. I was in such a rush when I grabbed my camera, but later realized that my battery was still sitting in the charger at home (where I had put it the night before, so that I would ENSURE that I had enough battery to take some great pictures!) Luckily, I had my camcorder with me, which doesn't take great pictures, but they are functional anyway.


Thanks to Amy and Joe for a fabulous afternoon that I will never forget... my first time on Payette Lake... Jason's first time wake-boarding... it was just SO much fun. How else do you describe the wind in your hair, the sun warming your skin, the reflection of the lake in your eyes, mists of water keeping you cool, and a smile smeared across your face? LOVED IT! And... definitely WANT to do it more often!

The day was perfect - mid September, school in session-no tourists, over 80 degrees outside, glassy water, great friends, fantastic boat, cool breeze, munchies and snacks, a little music, laughter, and wah-lah - MAGICAL!


Jason and Tyler - braving the cold water together. I was incredibly surprised that it didn't seem to bother Tyler hardly at all. As long as he was with Dad, he was totally OK in it!



Little Grace and Amy - cruisin'




Oh... and did I mention that Spider Man came, too? What a treat!



Tube Ride. Dun, dun, dun. Take it Easy!
(Jason, Tyler, and Megan)
Tyler had so much fun that when Jason got him back in the boat, he just cried. When Jason asked him what was wrong, he yelled, "You taked me off!" And Jason, puzzled, asked, "You don't want to get off?" And Tyler yells, "No. I wanna ride!"



Bryson & Spencer - enjoying the ride!

Spencer telling Bryson something that couldn't wait!

The three princesses: Kimberly, McKenna, & Megan

Jason's first encounter with a wakeboard. Ok, so it was his first encounter, but this picture was taken after about the eighth encounter (of trying to actually stand up). But... 10 minutes later, he was up and at 'em, and trying to meander through the wakes! He loved it! Perma-grin!

And anyone who knows Amy, knows that she LOVES to DANCE - no matter when, no matter how, and NO MATTER WHERE! Even on the water, baby! Check her out! :]

And... last of all... the little spectators (and cheerleaders) that enjoyed every minute.

What a great day! My family is tucked away outside in a monster RV, in my driveway. My kids are all snuggled in their beds. My husband is snoring in the other room (probably exhausted from his Wakeboard experience). And, I am sitting here - lips a little chapped and dry, practically begging for more chapstick. And my face feels a little hot - meaning I just might have gotten a little sun-burnt. Feels great! Feels like summer - though its Fall. Or is it? Hmmmm! Doesn't matter. I got to go out on the Lake - FINALLY!!! My heart is STILL rejoicing!

Thanks - Amy and Joe - YOU GUYS ROCK!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture of Joe absolutly cracked me up!!! I am in love with that Spider man. In fact, I am stealing it to post on our blog as well. Glad you had fun- a great day on the boat. It's about time :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. Don't I have any rights to those pictures with my face in them??? Trust me...no one wants to see those. (I thought we were friends.) A word to the wise: if you want people to keep checking this blog...remove at once.

:)

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

haha I loved it!
And I'm STILL enjoying the little bums of the spectators/cheerleaders :D ha ha
How fun! I bet Jason was super sore yesterday!
How is your burn lookin? NIce glow now? :]
That's so funny about Tyler. Were you holding MIss Emma the whole time or did you give the tube a try?

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

ps what's your countdown on the right for????
That's a lot of days

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

and another ps
Do you happen to have winter stuff Camryn could borrow when we come up in Nov?
I'm just wondering cause we need to decide what we need to buy her or not.
She'll be 7 months, she's long and skinny.. Hry! Kinda like your kids :D ha ha
So if you have ANYTHING, let me know!
Thanks Lisa

Scott and Carly said...

I am soooo jealous. I grew up boating, and have only gone once this year. One of these years Scott and I want to get a boat, then we can all go more often. And next time I better see you out on the water!!:)