Well, I know that it is not officially fall, by terms of the calendar, but I noticed the first signs of fall outside of my house. Yesterday, meeting at the barn was very cold - 45 degrees cold. It was rainy and wet and very cold. And today is not suppose to be much warmer, though not as wet. Fall is coming. I have to say that I am ready for fall. I know that as far as the calendar goes, school is starting and the summer is pretty much over. I can't wait until next summer here at our new house... to have grass and orchard trees and see the beauty that this place offers us in for a whole summer.
As I sat at my kitchen window doing dishes, I spotted a few bushes outside that were turning a vibrant shade of red. Pretty soon all of the trees that surround my home will be bare and ready to endure the harsh, long winter. And... I am preparing myself to endure it as well, with hidden excitement! I love to watch out the window as the snow is falling. I have really grown to LOVE the snow. Aside from having to move it out of the way to drive, it is SO beautiful. And although it is quite cold, it is time for nature to take its course. Welcome, Fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment