YOUR GREATEST ASSETS

"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Can't get enough...

For the past few days, I just can't get enough...

...Of my fresh air and how it fills my lungs and makes me feel better, and in spite of intense opposition, the need to exercise and be outside, running the lane with my husband - at first, choking to find air and struggling to ignore the burning of lactic acid in my legs, yet persisting as each step gets a little lighter and each breath a little deeper and more refreshing

...Of my prayers, with my husband and alone, with speaking out loud - audibly - so that I can truly communicate my sincere feelings, gratitude, needs, and feel closer to my father in heaven

...Of my scriptures and how they are coming ALIVE through a new study goal my husband and I are trying... and loving!

...Of the inspiration that is finally coming in volumes, because I am preparing myself for it, I am asking directly for it, and I am actually receiving it, and know that that is what it is!

...Of my husband and the quality AND quantity of time I get to spend with him EACH DAY - exercising together, studying our scriptures, sharing our thoughts, doing laundry, fixing meals and cleaning up kids, handling disagreements, changing diapers, driving in the car, working outside, planning our summer, looking into each other's eyes, kissing, falling in love again...

...Of my children and the creativity and imagination in their minds, the yearning for testimony in their hearts, the smiles on their faces, the joy in their lives as we work together to become an eternal family

...Of the warm sun that beats through my windows and naturally warms up my house, drawing me closer to it's comfort and warmth (outside)

...Of the grass that is fighing to grow, getting green with each day of rain, and making my heart happy - yearning to go out and just run on it, even though it isn't very thick and is filled with thistle in random places

...Of squooshy hugs around the neck and quick, tender kisses on each cheek by each of my children, and a teddy bear hug from my BIG HUNK, and sweet, long kisses from the love of my life

...Of my husband (did I already list that one? I am gonna list it again). I love riding in his patrol truck with him, having good conversation, and catching the "bad guys" (as Tyler calls them), being in his arms, looking into his eyes, and truly trying to"see" him as the Lord does

...Of joy and happiness in service, trying to think of others and putting others' lives before my own (I haven't ever been very good at it, and still am not really, but I am trying)

...Of smiling because my life is in balance - my thyroid, my marriage, my children, my time, my check register - I am spiritually, physically, mentally, and even emotionally balanced right now and it feels good to know that the Lord can bless you with peace and harmony when you are striving to do what is right
When I look at this picture, it just reminds me of what I have been feeling, and what I can't get enough of!



2 comments:

Camille said...

Loved your post. Thanks so much for sharing. It is inspiring to read your words. kkep smiling and what your doing. The Lord really does send us tender mercies everyday if we are willing to look and partake from them :)

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

I love it. You always inspire me.
What is this new way of Scripture study you're doing?