I often think of myself as a pretty observant mother, especially when it comes to matters about my children. I try to notice where they are, what they are doing, how they are doing it, how they are speaking, and how they interact with others. I try to pay attention to the little details, when it matters most... food in their teeth, boogies in their nose, crazy hair, greasy hair, stains on their shirt, holes in their pants, etc.
However, I didn't realize that I was missing something... an observation that was made by a loving grandmother who clued me in to something that I have not noticed, for who knows how long! How grateful I am for grandmothers... for other mothers, for that matter. That they aren't afraid to speak up and share when observations are made and they aren't sure that you are aware of them, and even if you are, that maybe you need reminding. I was made aware and oh, how I was missing something! One of my children was struggling with something that, through my own weaknesses, I had not been close enough to the situation to notice! And because of a loving grandmother, I have finally made arrangements to fix it, now that I know it needs fixing!
Today, I am grateful for loving and observant grandmothers... when I am non-observant.
1 comment:
ooo how I am dieing to know who it was & what! :) but only if you are willing to share. You are always a VERY good observer.
Post a Comment