Jason and I drove the kids to school today with the whole family. Bryson and Megan thought it was great to have everyone come along to see them get dropped off. During our family journey, we noticed...
...the bird "doo-doo" covering nearly every window of the school (direct droppings from the hundreds of swallows that are building their nests up by the roof)
...the 60-year-old-(plus a few years) man that got out of his car and walked into Ridley's, wearing really short denim cut-offs, I am talking pushing "daisy-duke" short. For an older gentlemen, he did have muscular and tanned legs, but at a glance, I saw more than I wanted.
...while at the tire shop (the one his dad assistant manages), we stopped to change our oil and tires and his dad asks what year our car is - 1999. What a good year... the year we got married of course. And then I look at Jason and say, "ya know, we don't own a single thing that is 2000 or newer." Everything we own is from the 20th Century, and we have decided that it isn't worth buying anything new... because if it's new or borrowed, our luck says we are gonna ruin it.
...Jason's response is, "Well, yes I do. I own six things that are 2000 and newer. My kids!"
...In Rite-aid, while picking up my thyroid prescription, there is a young girl in front of me. Upon waiting, I casual caught glance of what she was purchasing... not one, not two, but THREE pregnancy tests packaged into one little box. I had noticed the young, punk kid a few aisles over glancing in our direction a few times, but it wasn't until she was finished paying and walked out with him, that I truly felt sadness for the young, unwed, intimate couple.
It's only half-way through the day... and who knows what else I can add to my list... only time will tell!
1 comment:
SICK!! Daisy Dukes on anyone but Daisy ESPECIALLY an old man.. just wrong!! :)
Glad you saw it and not me haha!
Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment