YOUR GREATEST ASSETS
"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley
"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7Sunday, May 30, 2010
"I beat Tyler"
The dining room is quiet. The kitchen is clean. The dishes are done and the dishwasher is running. The children are in the bath. However, there is one person that is still at the table eating, quitely... Emma. She is our slow eater, and has surpassed miss Kimberly's piddling. We have tried to get her to race Tyler to be done, so that she can eat a smidgen faster. Yet, it never fails that she often is the last one at the table. And without fail...when she is finished...as I am washing her up, she says, "I beat Tyler." Every other time I have corrected her, kindly reminding her that beating someone means finishing their food first. But, this time I just smiled as I wiped her hands and face, removed her bib, lifted her down, and watched her run up the stairs to get into the bath, thinking to myself...Yep, you beat Tyler. Good job, Emma. At least you finished your dinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ha ha ha I can just picture her sitting at the table all alone and eating :)
Post a Comment