YOUR GREATEST ASSETS

"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7

Monday, May 17, 2010

It hurts!

As Jason is getting dressed for work, I joined him in the bedroom to visit before he leaves. He enlightens me with a cute conversation he had with Emma earlier that day...

Just after naptime, Emma approaches her daddy and says, "Dad. My belly hurts."

Puzzled and unsure if she is gonna puke or what, Jason just stares at her for a minute, studying the troubled and disgusted look on her face. Then she looks up at him again and says, "My pants hurt my belly, Daddy."

Jason looks down to observe a pair of 3T jean shorts that fit like spandex on our little 2 & 1/2 year old, her big belly protruding beyond her waistline and peeking out from underneath her 3T shirt, that also appears to be too small (definitely too short to cover the bulge). He couldn't help but smile and unbuttoned her pants, giving her immediate relief.

Her disgusted face is instantly replaced with a big smile. She wipes her hair away from her eyes and says, "Thanks, Daddy!" cheerfully as she runs off to play.

Oh I love it! She is our little chunky monkey and we love her chubby cheeks... just can't get enough!

My little streaker was dancing in the school room in her undies and I snuck in to snap a shot!



Once she discovered I was watching her, she tried to hide in the corner! I had to snap a shot of her cute little bum in panties! She has been totally potty trained for about 2 months and has NEVER had an accident overnight to date. She has only had one accident at naptime when she didn't go potty before she laid down. She has been a champ and LOVES her panties!

My little flasher doesn't like her picture taken, so she will find a way to hide her face if she can... and this time it just so happens to be her shirt. Stick it out there, girl!


Another memorable moment from Emma:
For Family Home Evening, Tyler got to pick the treat, and picked smarties - which happen to be not everyone's favorite treat! But, he picked it, so it goes. Once everyone was done with their treats, the kids all decided to spend their chore chips on staying up and Bryson had saved a few and spent on a bowl of ice cream. Emma, thinking that she deserved ice cream, requested (actually, demanded) some. When I told her that she had to pay for it with chore chips and she saw that she didn't have any, her response was... "But my mouth hurts, Mom." This has been a recurring statement... that something hurts... or that she is sick... as a ploy to get something. Either way, it is to fill her belly with something yummy... which appears to already be full!!!
Just can't get enough of those chubby cheeks... and your sassiness. I love you, Emma!

1 comment:

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

She is SUCH a little doll! I'm so bummed I am missing out on the closeness with the last of your little ones :( My time ended w/ Kimberly... :( I can't believe how much Emma looks like Megan in that crazy hair shot & how much she looks like Jason w/ her hair curly :)