YOUR GREATEST ASSETS

"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Well, all I have to say for this day is CRAPPY! Talk about one of the special days of the year when we get to celebrate Motherhood. For all of our hard work and efforts that we give as a MOM, for the richness and joy we receive for the fruits of our labors, for the sweet spirits that we helped create and took into our care. And on this day, my celebration was limited to the couch! I have had some sort of infection in my body for about a week now and it wasn't getting any better. Sore throat, sinus infection, cough, aches, chills, fever, ear ache - that was me! Just a ball of CRAP! Please excuse my bad attitude! And... to top it off, my little Tyler was sick, too. He started throwing up last night (Sat.) and threw up a few more times again today. Luckily he didn't climb up on my lap until after he had puked ALL OVER his Daddy. And the puking wasn't it at all... this little boy went through 27 poopy diapers in one day! Talk about a sick bug. I am just SO grateful for a husband, who humbly stayed home from church, to take care of both of us. And, who unfortunately, had to change the majority of those 27 poopy diapers! I love him. I am so grateful for the compassion that he showed me on my special day, and for the yummy breakfast and fantastic dinner he made for us! This picture says so much. Not the best picture I have taken in my life. But, it captured the moment of Tyler and his mom... feeling CRAPPY... together.


2 comments:

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

I feel terrible we weren't around to take your other little ones out oft he house for you both.
I'm sure it would've helped.
I hope you're better NOW though. :]
And mister Tyler.. does NOT look like the cheerful little man I'm used to seeing picture of.
Jason is such a great man.
I love you both so much.
Your moments give me hope for the wonderful family we want someday.
Love you

Brielle said...

Sorry you felt so crappy over mothers day that is the worse. I am glad Jason was able to stay home and take care of you and the kids. The picture truly says a lot, hopefully everyone at your house is on the up.