Emma is 6 months old now and I have been trying to give her baby food for the past few months... in spurts. I will try once and then wait a couple of days and try again. I have tried with her full. I have tried with her empty. I have tried with her tired. I have tried with her awake. I have tried all sorts of different cereals: oatmeal, mixed grain, rice, rice with bananas. I have tried different foods: veggies & fruits. I have tried about everything... and she does not like it! If it is on a spoon and has to go in her mouth... nada - doesn't want it! However, I have recently discovered in the last two days that she will do KIX and the PUFFS. So, maybe she doesn't like the texture of the runny stuff and wants the hearty food - who knows! We'll see.
Tyler is over 2 now and it is a little early to be starting to potty train for me, with the boys anyway. The girls, yes. But, Bryson wasn't potty trained until he was three, so I figured I wouldn't push it, but would just flirt with the idea of trying it. All I have to say is that it is FANTASTIC having older siblings that are potty-trained. Tyler will go potty for Bryson almost EVERY time he takes him to the potty!
It has been a week now since I have started and Tyler is doing fairly well. He is not afraid to go #1 or #2 in the potty, so that is great! We set the potty timer (my little reminder to take him) and when he goes off, he says "Potty. Potty. I go Potty." And off he runs to the bathroom. He has even told me on a few occasions that he has had to go, which is even more fantastic, that he is recognizing that he is doing something!
We have been rewarding him with many things, one of which is suckers - one of his favorite things. When he goes, he gets a sucker. The kids are having a hard time with this because Tyler is getting more treats than they would normally get in a day and are constantly finding creative ways to earn treats themselves. "But, I helped him, Mom," and "I picked up my clothes like you asked me to," and "I helped you with Emma today," are all very familiar lines I hear to encourage me to reward their behavior with a treat.
I note this because Tyler was doing REALLY good one day. He had gone three times for me on the potty. I had given him a sucker the third time and he was so excited. Emma was playing in her exer-saucer in the corner and Tyler loves to play with her no matter what she is doing. So, I saw him go over by her. I anticipated what MIGHT happen, so I told Tyler, "Ok, buddy. Mommy gave you a sucker, but don't give it to Emma, Ok? You sit down on the couch and eat it, but don't let her have any." He replied with his infamous, "Uh-huh". I then left the room to go change the laundry and came back to this...
So, can you tell who is the temptor & who is the tempted?
And then ... the guilty parties reveal themselves.
Can you see the BLUE evidence?
Just a couple of pictures of this Proud Boy on His THRONE!
2 comments:
I have agree with you on the potty training, not one of my favorite things either. I have been really lucky with my girls they really did it so fast. But I haven't experienced a boy yet. I also love that he shared his sucker with Emma. So cute.
Fun to read the update!
Post a Comment