April wasn't a very lucrative month for us. In fact, Jason was pretty much unemployed the whole month, except for a few small drywall jobs that he was graciously given by his cousin, Donny and this small job (that has been an ongoing project for a year and a half now). We couldn't really afford to pay anyone else to help him, since we needed as much money to stay in our pocket as possible... so guess who got to help him? Yep... ME.
I have one word to say about sheetrockin'... YUCK! Jason had to go back and hang a "theater room" in the basement of a huge cabin up at Tamarack. And the lid required two layers of sheetrock - the base as 5/8" and the top layer as 1/2". What... two layers of sheetrock? I guess they really wanted great sound! What do I know about sheetrock?
So, we loaded the kids up and headed up the mountain. I had Megan take pictures of this miserably momentous occasion. I have hung 1/2" with Jason before, but never 5/8". I never really viewed myself as a complete wimp, but that stuff is HEAVY! My arms felt like they were gonna fall off. No wonder my husband stays in relatively good shape. HOLY COW! I think he knows that the first layer of 5/8" kicked my butt, so he had a good friend help him finish the rest.
Notice the head holding this sheet up. This is what my husband calls "bumpin' it". This is EXACTLY why my husband is now balding on top AND for the nob on his head. Some might think that he inherited it from his Dad because his Dad has one just like it. And yes, he did inherit it... just not through the genes, but through the same kind of work!

My husband was making this look easy, but this is really heavy. I love that he only had to stand on a short work bench... and I had to stand on the 6-ft ladder!
These are our dirty little spectators... or should I say cheerleaders, too!
One dirty, but HAPPY kid!
And more pictures of the ride home...
Kimberly - Big Blue Eyes
Megan's "bug-eyed" self-portrait
... And of course, Tyler - DIRTY and all smiles!
***This memory was made on April 17, 2008***
1 comment:
Go Lisa! I have helped Brock carry sheet rock before and no thankyou, I could never imagine putting it in. Your pretty tough! That is funny that he only had to stand on a short ladder. Can you imagine what size ladder I would of needed. :)
Post a Comment