Well, although I am posting this after the fact, I really just wanted to remember this day. It was the middle of April, nearly a month ago from today, and there were still big piles of snow in the front and back of our house. The warm weather was really trying to come... inching into the 60's, and the girls were anxious to get the shorts out. The day before this we were out feeding the ducks on the lake in short sleeves! And this morning we woke up to snow... LOTS OF SNOW! How does that randomly happen? Craziness!
So, my kids were begging to go out and play, and I figured that they ought to enjoy it as long as they can! Why not make the best of what you got? Live life for today, not for the spring that will hopefully come tomorrow... Sure, we are itching for spring to come and to see green, just like everybody else. But, white is so pure and clean... who doesn't love it? It's when the snow gets dirty that we start wishing it would just go away. But, there is just something about fresh, white snow. I have fallen in love with it.
I was enjoying this moment. Nowhere else, that I have ever been, has there been SO much snow on the ground - where the kids can ride their bikes on the concrete & asphalt, and go tubing down their snow hill all in one day. This really is one of the most beautiful and greatest places on earth. We love it! All of it. Sure, it has its downsides... but we are making the most of what we have been given... today!
Snowball fight with DAD! Megan getting ready to get him!
Kimberly hiding in the piles of snow... notice the close-up = PURE JOY!
My two snow climbers! Plenty of snow still for that!
The trees are still buried... the ground is still buried! And... it is still snowing!
*** Memory made on 04/19/08 ***
VIDEO OF THE SNOW... and my kids eating it... AGAIN!
1 comment:
ok I didn't have time to read it all, but that video was hilarious!
I love Tyler throwing his head back just to get it in & down! :] hahaha
How stinkin BIG Megan is getting!
My kids are all growing up! I'm missing out on it!
We're going to try to stop in Boise for a little bit on out way to Jordan's side, reunion in Canada, in July.
You guys need to be around when we do!
Post a Comment