YOUR GREATEST ASSETS

"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Baby Steps



Well, it is official. For the first time, in five children, I have had a child take a few steps on their own prior to their first birthday. Emma has been standing for about 3 weeks. She can stand for several minutes at a time, all on her own. She can even bend down to pick things up and stand herself back up, so she has great balance. We have been standing her up and trying to get her to walk to us, but she just stands there, or drops to the floor to crawl. No matter how much we prompt her, she doesn't want to come. So, today I was reading my scriptures on the couch and looked out of the corner of my eye, caught her standing in the room, and then she took three steps toward something. Ah ha! She can do it! Yeehaww! A child to TRY to WALK before 12 months. The rest of my children have been about 13 months before even attempting to take steps on their own. I know this is far later than some kids, but for me, I think it's totally fun that there is a possibility that she might walk by the time she is a year old. And probably not very well, but hey, she just might do it a little, which is totally good with me! Five-time-moms can be just as proud! :]

This video is AFTER she had been taking steps for a while, and was kind of done trying and having the kids prompt her. However, I was able to capture a few steps on camera! :]

6 comments:

Brielle said...

Yeah Emma! I don't think it matters if it is the first, or fifth kid. You always are proud and excited when they start a new phase. I love it so much watching them first walk, how they waddle is the best!

Scott and Carly said...

GO EMMA!!!!

Anonymous said...

Emma you go girl!! Life will never be the same. We love you so much-

your aunty Amy

Michael and Jaime said...

That is so awesome that she is starting to walk! She is going to be a busy little girl! I love when they take their first steps! I love you Emma!

Betsy said...

you should be proud every first step is amazing. i wanted to stop by and say hi, you are quite the blogger, i just started out so i have a lot to learn.

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

YEA!!!! Go Emma! I know I'm late on commenting but hey! Better late than never!
She is such a brave little girl, being the first to start BEFORE a year :D ha ha
She'll be running in no time! The video is so cute. I love seeing your family interacting.
You should do more videos as well!