YOUR GREATEST ASSETS

"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Simple Pleasures!

So, I have a new simple pleasure, which happens to be quite random, but deliciously cute. Every time I get anything close to Emma's face, she sticks out her tongue to taste it. When I wash her up in the highchair with a washcloth, she wants to taste it. When I wash her face in the bathtub with a washcloth, she wants to taste it. When I put lotion on her face, she wants to taste it. It doesn't matter what I put by her face, the minute I stick my hand on her face, out pops her long tongue and she just holds it out there... waiting for me to brush whatever I have against it, just to get a taste. Now, I know that this is how babies experience the world - through their mouths, but I really think it is quite cute and amusing. It works with wipes, washclothes, and a white hand full of lotion. But, she always has her tongue out ready for a lick. Corny, I know, but really cute. :]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa, I think I got the address wrong till now... :) This page is so cute!! It makes me totally homesick! The kids look so big! And Emma is adorable! Say hi to all the kids for me. I miss you guys. Maybe I'll get to see you all over Thanksgiving... :)
Caitlin :)

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Ha ha ha I love it! Such a guilty pleasure! ha ha How silly and what a fun little thing that can instantly brighten your day! I love little things like that. that your kids do that can bring a smile instantly to your face and wipe whatever mood you were in away! IF only we learn to dwell on these simple pleasures and not the mundane things that make us worried, tired, grouchy, or frustrated. I love it! :D
Thanks for sharing it! I can totally picture her doing it! ha ha