YOUR GREATEST ASSETS

"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7

Friday, October 31, 2008

I Love...

I love a husband, well FATHER, who is INCREDIBLY involved in his children's lives. He is the most amazing father ever. He ALWAYS includes the children in EVERYTHING he does. He truly is an example to me of allowing your children to work beside you in everything that you do. He is always a part of the children's lives and he always makes them a part of his. I just LOVE it. When he is home, on his days off, he spends most of the time with the kids - doing something WITH them or FOR them. He SHARES his passion for life, his testimony of the gospel, his time, his talents, and his love with each of them, individually, and as a whole!






Last week we started the beginning construction on the "tree fort" that Bryson has been begging for since we moved here. We found some old scrap wood in a shed behind the horse barn and Jason has begun constructing their little fort. He allows the children to be right up close, handing him tools, nails, screws, and teaching them as he works. He is a great teacher. He truly knows how to get to their level and teach them with love, patience, and understanding. I LOVE him.




He also plays with the children like no other father I have seen. He truly is a kid himself. There isn't a time when Jason is home that the kids aren't romping on him, wrestling him, being lifted up in the air, getting any kind of "ride" they can, or just playing with their dad. I love his passion to spend time with his children. There are times he gets distracted and wants a break... wanting to do something for himself. But, more than not, after the short break, he is back out with the kids just BEING with them. Proving his LOVE with his TIME. Can it get any better than that? I LOVE his example to me and how he LOVES the children that we have created together. I feel so blessed to have a good husband, a great father, and an incredible family unit! :]



3 comments:

Michael and Jaime said...

I haven't seen your tree fort. You need to remind me to go out and see it the next time I am over there. You're right, Jason is a big kid!

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Yea for being involved BIG daddys!! :D ha ha
Jason is truly and amazing Father. I love him being my brother and seeing how wonderfully he has grown WITH his wife and children. He is very much being missed :(
I love seeing all he's been doing with them though. Thanks for sharing!

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Oh! Ps
I love the 20 clips in Kimberly and Megan's hair keeping all their strays from wandering :] ha ha