So, my blogging has slowed a bit - must be having too much fun, I guess??? But, I wanted to post my Friday Love Post.
I love it when my little soon-to-be one-year-old (wow, it's crazy how time flies) will put her arms up in the air to have you pick her up. She is quite independent and loves to roam the floors. However, occasionally, if you get close enough, or happen to walk by, she will put her chubby arms up in the air in an attempt to say, "Pick me up". My favorite thing to watch is when her Daddy comes home. He will walk in the door, and just as the rest of the kids run to greet him, she crawls as fast as she can to the door to meet him, too. Each child surrounds their arms around his legs and fights to get in the first word about their day, and there is Emma in the background, on both knees, with arms stretched to the sky. It is quite cute. And then, Daddy sweeps her off her knees and into his arms and she just lays her head on his shoulder. My heart rejoices to see something so loving and sweet. As good as I can recall, she has been the most cuddly of all of my kids, just out-doing miss Kimberly. Quite often when you are holding her, she will just lay her head on your chest. She does this when she is and isn't tired, when someone is talking to her that she doesn't recognize well, when she first gets held, and when she just wants to snuggle in. It often makes me forget how big she truly is, and makes her feel more like a baby still. It is true, however, that she will be one in less than two weeks, which is hard to believe. I was barely pregnant with her when we moved here, which doesn't seem that long ago, but time surely flies these days. But, she gives me great joy and I love her. I can't imagine our family without her little spirit. She is our little, cuddly, TOAD! :]
3 comments:
I really miss your kids! I can't wait to come and stay for a couple of days! Lexie and Ethan want to see you guys so bad!
I can't believe Emma is turning 1 already! It will be interesting to see what type of personality she has. You already have the talkative and loud child (Megan) and the shy and quiet child (Kimberly) so I wonder who she will be like. Probably a good mix of both!
She looks so much like Jason! Oh man!
I love it :D
I can't wait to see her reach for me next! :]
I remember holding her when we came up for Christmas.. :( She was so little and precious! Going shopping with you at the grocery store.. receiving some AWESOME guidance and insight from you, looking through baby clothes, playing with kids, and loving the cold weather.
I miss you Lisa and I can't wait to be up there!!! WOO HOO!!
Post a Comment