Well, I can't sleep. My mind is racing a million miles an hour. You would think that I would be absolutely exhausted, but I just can't get over how awesome our little primary kids did today in the program. For once, I didn't get to sit in the audience and watch all of the little kids and all of the cute things that they do to make you laugh and then cry. I got to be up with them, helping to run the last-minute show!
Sure there were some hiccups, today. Which, hopefully noone noticed too much, except me, of course, because I am a perfectionist. But, as a whole, I was so amazed with our little primary kids. The Lord answered my prayers today. With putting the program together in one week - writing it, assigning parts, seating, songs (and with no practice), I felt like we were just throwing it together. But, we had been prayerful, and with the spirit, He had helped all of us.
The little sunbeams are always my favorite to watch. All of them did so well. The spirit was so strong in our meeting. It was simple, but true. The music was beautiful and the children's testimonies were beautiful. It was worth all of the hectice, last-minute prep - to see their little faces be able to bear testimony and to contribute their part. Truly awesome.
With all of the preparation, we also had to do sharing times, introductions, and other things for primary today (we stayed combined for the whole two hours). I had been so focused on getting everything ready for all three hours today, that I had neglected to even sit down and tell my own children what their parts were until this morning. I am incredibly amazed at the ability that children have. Though their parts were not too difficult, they all memorized them this morning, and said them today during the program.
I am even so proud of little Kimberly, who happens to be the shyest of my bunch. (which she unfortunately gets from me). A few months ago, in Primary, she was asked to give a talk. We prepared what she was to say and when she got up to the pulpit, she just started bawling. She cried so hard, she wouldn't calm down. I finally had to let her go sit back down. But, today, there were no tears. I told her to look down at her daddy and say her lines to him (that way she wouldn't see anyone else, and wouldn't be scared). Not to mention the other prayers that I was saying for her. And she did it! I was so EXCITED. That was a big accomplishment for her. She is not as outgoing or brave as Bryson and Megan, in fact, she tends to be quite reserved most of the time. However, today she was not afraid, and it was so awesome.
I thanked my Heavenly Father for bringing His spirit to the meeting today, for helping our Presidency prepare something that would be simple, but effective, and for the little children who sang their hearts out and bore testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel. It truly was a miracle to witness. No complaints. Just happy children, filled with the spirit, singing their testimonies, and speaking precious truths. Although I am tired. It was a great, stressful, but testimony-building day. Ahhhh... If we could all view life and the gospel through the eyes of a child... simple and true.
2 comments:
Sounds hectic! About like ours, we just changed all the boundaries in our stake, making 5 wards instead of 6...our program was suppose to be next week, but 3/4 of our primary switched wards...i don't know what we are going to do:) I think ours might push it back and do it around Christmas, i'm crossing my fingers. But after reading yours, sound like it can be thrown together last minute and still be awesome! Yay for Kimberly, we all know how scarry it is to get up in front of everyone!
How brave of that little girl! I am so proud of her! Sounds like it came together wonderfully!
How fantastic and inspired for these programs to take place. Nothing says more simply, "I am a Child of God and Believe in him" than a little child speaking it and TRULY believing it themselves.
What an amazing blessing to have these little examples around us!
Post a Comment