YOUR GREATEST ASSETS

"Mothers and fathers, do the best you can, and remember that the greatest assets you have in this world are those children whom you have brought into the world and for whose nurture and care you are responsible." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"Little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ." - Doctrine & Covenants 74:7

Monday, October 20, 2008

TAGGED FOR MEMORIES!

So, I have been tagged for this task. Which I thought might be kind of fun to participate in - so we I get for reading other people's blogs. Here were the exact instructions I was given:

AS A COMMENT ON MY BLOG, LEAVE ONE MEMORY THAT YOU AND I HAD TOGETHER. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU KNEW ME A LITTLE OR A LOT....ANYTHING YOU REMEMBER! NEXT, RE-POST THESE INSTRUCTIONS ON YOUR BLOG AND SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE LEAVE A MEMORY ABOUT YOU. IT'S ACTUALLY PRETTY COOL (AND FUNNY) TO SEE THE RESPONSES. IF YOU LEAVE A MEMORY ABOUT ME, I'LL ASSUME YOU'RE PLAYING THE GAME AND I'LL COME TO YOUR BLOG AND LEAVE ONE ABOUT YOU!

There you have it. If you want to play, let 'er rip! This ought to be fun. And hopefully you will all pay it forward, so I can leave a memory on your blogs, too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first time I played basketball with you I thought I fell in love. Just the way you jammed your hinny into my belly was the most powerful experience ever. The second favorite of mine is "Crusing the wave...Ah Hah" you were my greatest hero in that moment! Sure do love yah!

Brielle said...

I have to say basketball! Lots of memories playing but I was very impressed with you and how you just had a baby and came out to play only a few weeks later. Yeah we had to play half court for you but that is okay, we worked you up to full court not too long after that. :) Ha Ha Love ya

Jodes said...

I already have this on my blog so you'll have to look back on mine! I remember spending the night with you, and going to hogi yogi on our trip to Utah!

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Oh my goodness.. so many memories.. hmm Ok I'll choose the one that left the biggest imprint on me [not like most of them haven't in some way] :]
You were helping me get ready for my first Homecoming. I was only 15, and I got to go [by myself] because I had been nominated to be a princess. That's the only way I was allowed :]
Anyway, you let me borrow your long forest green dress, and did my make up. I had never felt more beautiful!
We sat down before I put on the dress, I'll never forget, crosse-legged in front of each other, maybe even while you were doing my make up. Anyway THAT isn't important, it's what you said.
You were telling me how I shouldn't care about impressing boys, about how great it was to be who and what I was. A Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
To not be a girl who had '2 dresses for the dance'. One to wear and have fun in, the other to wear in pictures to show my parents how appropriate I looked.
How it took a lot to be 2-faced like that. All the work it would take, and how NOT worth it. it would be. Little do YOU know, I did it at my very next dance :(
I had a dress that needed a jacket and I had taken it off. I made the excuse, 'it was because I was hott' But that's not true. And guess what? I had a miserable time. I was self - conscious the whole time and did not enjoy myself as I would have hoped. Anyway, I wanted to thank you and to let you know, I've kept that with me going into EVERY dance after that. :]
Ps I have another thing to add to that.
The very NEXT dance after, I had a jacket over my dress again, and Stacy did as well, we went with a HUGE group of people to Prom Junior year, and my date said she and I looked the best out of everyone because of our appearance :]
Love you Lisa!

Kellie said...

Well it took me a few minutes to decide which one to post but I would probably have to say one of my favorite memories would be the 'group' doctor appointments you, Joni, and I had. Those were just way too much fun to do all together!!